Checkin' in now we are here!!

Checkin' in now we are here!!

Old Dec 18th 2003, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

HBgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Checkin' in now we are here!!

Hi all,

We have now been in Perth 12 days.

Todays it the first cloudy day...almost a relief after the last few days.

We are staying with Sister in law in Scarborough, in a nice unit she and hubby are renting. We bought a car, have been to the commbank and got sorted there.

We have both had interviews for jobs but not heard back yet.

Love Perth!!!!! Just what we hoped. Started learning our way around.
I would love to have any recomendations from any of you Perth guys for places to go.
Also does anyone know anything about an area called Forrestfield just east of the airport - Good area or not?

We have saved a lot of money staying with family but as soon as we are in our own place I,m sure the money will run through our hands quicker than we would like. So far we have not realy had any bad times, but coming to family who we were visiting in the UK not that long ago must give us huge help.

having four of us together must take off a lot of the stress of me and Mr HB being together 27/7 for a while.

Hope all of you are well !!!!

HBgirlxxxxx
Old Dec 18th 2003, 7:44 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hb girl,

Glad to hear everythings going good!

Forrestfield is a suburb in the foothills as we call it.
I lived in Maida Vale as a kid and went to Preschool at Dawson Park primary in Forrestfield for a few months, but can't say anything about it, it was a long time ago (1987) and was only a short period.

So yeah, not much help.... sorry!

I guess it'd be pretty cheap, being a bit out of the city, not near the beach and not near the river. And not having the views when in the hills.

But it just all depends on what you're looking for!
Price is very important! (for some, like us too!)
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Hi HB,

We live in Wattle Grove just down the road from Forrestfield. We're renting whilst we build in Lesmurdie in the hills.

As you've probably realised, the suburbs are pretty small so Forrestfield doesn't cover a massive area. I reckon you could get pretty good value for money there but the main drag up through it is pretty busy due to the shopping centre.

It wasn't my top spot but was certainly OK. Personally I prefer Kalamunda but it's a little pricey. Let me know if there's anything you've spotted in the papers and I'll do a quick drive by for you. I take it you know that area tends to do more open houses in the Sunday Times.

Take it easy

Nick
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so envious of you.
I love Perth and that is where we are heading.
Just hoping it doesnt take too long.

Have a nice christmas.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your replys guys.

Nibbs - Thanks, We are looking at a plot there to build, dont blame you on Kalamunda though...went there for the first time on Sunday....just wish we could aford it!!!!!!!

Still Just checking the areas out at the moment!!!
I may be back to pick you brains again
Old Dec 18th 2003, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great to hear that all is well for you both. It sounds like you are settling in nicely, keep us posted with any updates
Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by HBgirl
Thanks for your replys guys.

Nibbs - Thanks, We are looking at a plot there to build, dont blame you on Kalamunda though...went there for the first time on Sunday....just wish we could aford it!!!!!!!

Still Just checking the areas out at the moment!!!
I may be back to pick you brains again
No worries,

We'll keep an eye out for you. We've noticed some blocks don't make it into the papers. Our agent had to dig to find who was selling ours. What size are you after?
Old Dec 19th 2003, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Hoping for 700m.
Not to set on the area spacificly but dont want to go more than 30 mins from the city.

Have family who have a plot on Wattle Grove so after 'close but not to close' if you know what i mean!

HBxx
Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by HBgirl
Hoping for 700m.
Not to set on the area spacificly but dont want to go more than 30 mins from the city.

Have family who have a plot on Wattle Grove so after 'close but not to close' if you know what i mean!

HBxx
Cor do I ever! Theres 5000 Km between me and my brother and I'm reasonably happy about the 200 Ks between me and the in laws!!.

We looked at Leeming before we looked at the hills. Neat established suburb not far from the Kwinana freeway south of here. Might be worth a look.

All the best