Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way of sending £ to Oz??

Cheapest way of sending £ to Oz??

Old Jan 18th 2005, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default Cheapest way of sending £ to Oz??

Hi Guys

We want to send money over to my husbands Australian bank account. Does anyone know of the cheapest way to do this with the best rates etc? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kathy
Old Jan 18th 2005, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest way of sending £ to Oz??

Originally Posted by pako
Hi Guys

We want to send money over to my husbands Australian bank account. Does anyone know of the cheapest way to do this with the best rates etc? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kathy

Hi Kathy. I lot of people including myself use Hifx. They offer very competitive rates and usually slightly better than banks, and they don't charge any fees.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 1:03 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I've used www.tranzfers.com which I think is owned by the company mentioned in the other reply. They're great I do it all online and just takes a few days get a good exchange rate too.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Fastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi Kathy. I lot of people including myself use Hifx. They offer very competitive rates and usually slightly better than banks, and they don't charge any fees.
They don't charge fees, but they do build a hidden "fee" into the Exchange rate you are given. Nonetheless, I have used them as well, and so far have been very please - would recommend.

Just down the road from you in Brighton Sassie. Ahhh, Crawley - town of my birth! Where are you headed?
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fastfunker
They don't charge fees, but they do build a hidden "fee" into the Exchange rate you are given. Nonetheless, I have used them as well, and so far have been very please - would recommend.

Just down the road from you in Brighton Sassie. Ahhh, Crawley - town of my birth! Where are you headed?
Hi, yep I live in Crawley, work in Brighton. we're headed to the Gold Coast as soon as the house sells. Should be out there by now but the last sale fell through. hopefully the market will pick up soon.

what about you, where you headed?
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Fastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi, yep I live in Crawley, work in Brighton. we're headed to the Gold Coast as soon as the house sells. Should be out there by now but the last sale fell through. hopefully the market will pick up soon.

what about you, where you headed?
Sydney-bound 8th Feb - Yikes! All a bit close now; John Masons arriving on the 31st.... We gave up on selling the house; market has completely died down here. Going to rent it instead...

Good luck with everthing!