Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The CHEAPEST way to phone UK from Oz.....

The CHEAPEST way to phone UK from Oz.....

Old Nov 13th 2006, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default The CHEAPEST way to phone UK from Oz.....

Anyone know what is cheapest...........?

Skype VOIP phone

International calling cards ?............I just got one of these and for a 40 minute call to the UK it cost me about 65 cents.

What ever.............DON'T USE A LANDLINE :scared: .

Calling cards seem very cheap way of doing it..but you have to enter about 30 numbers to makes each call..............
Old Nov 13th 2006, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The CHEAPEST way to phone UK from Oz.....

Originally Posted by Olibeneli

Skype VOIP phone

International calling cards ?............I just got one of these and for a 40 minute call to the UK it cost me about 65 cents.

Calling cards seem very cheap way of doing it..but you have to enter about 30 numbers to makes each call..............

We use the talking cow calling card ! its really cheap & you can enter a short cut on the PC which halves the numbers you have to dial !

Nicky
Old Nov 13th 2006, 12:45 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
We use the talking cow calling card ! its really cheap & you can enter a short cut on the PC which halves the numbers you have to dial !

Nicky
Yes, talking cow are cheap, and the other one I use is Daybreak - you can top up over the phone and pre-enter short cuts. I think it's about 0.4c per minute.

S
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:09 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

if you both have broadband, and the free Skype download, you can spend hours on the phone with a video link and it costs nothing.

If you have broadband and Skype, you can call land lines on Skype-out for peanuts. I spent an over an hour on the phone to Oz from a small Caribbean island, using Skype-out and it cost me about £1.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:04 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Skype VOIP phone

www.jajah.com
Free between jajah subscibers in Oz/UK/Ireland/Europe in general. Call is made land-line to land-line but carried over the Voip. You dial via the PC then walk away. You phone is not connected to the PC at all
Can't get cheaper than FREE.
(Local and Interstate too!)

Andrew
Old Nov 13th 2006, 7:14 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

SKYPE!!!!!! Dirt cheap.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 7:33 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Skype or any kind of VOIP will be the cheapest, however we dont have broadband just yet.

We are using AusCall I think as a calling card.

They do 1-800 numbers for connection which cost you an extra 19c a min !

However if you do the local dial up they have lots all printed on the receipt you get you are only charged the local call.

From our holiday apts it cost 77c per hour add this to the .02c per min it works out pretty cheap for an hours talking to home !!

Good luck

Nick
Old Nov 13th 2006, 7:36 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

Voipbuster is cheaper and better call quality than Skype. Add to that a free uk geographic phone number, and free outgoing calls in Australia & you have a winner. Set up a local number to your family back home, divert voipbuster to your landline in Oz, and your UK contacts can call you at the cost of a local call to them, and no cost at all to you.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:58 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
www.jajah.com
Free between jajah subscibers in Oz/UK/Ireland/Europe in general. Call is made land-line to land-line but carried over the Voip. You dial via the PC then walk away. You phone is not connected to the PC at all
Can't get cheaper than FREE.
(Local and Interstate too!)

Andrew
Ditto www.jajah.com

We use it all the time with our DECT phone and a headset. Walk about the house doing chores chatting for hours, much better than being 'tied' to a PC with Skype.
It is priced in UK £'s and is 0.015p per minute or free if the other party is registered.
Registration is free.

Neil.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Ditto www.jajah.com

We use it all the time with our DECT phone and a headset. Walk about the house doing chores chatting for hours, much better than being 'tied' to a PC with Skype.
It is priced in UK £'s and is 0.015p per minute or free if the other party is registered.
Registration is free.

Neil.
We are with optus and pay $4.95 per month on top of phone package for cheap UK calls. An hour phone call cost $2.00 which I don't think is at all bad, you also get a $3.95 rebate each month, happy days! Oh and there is no prefix to call either.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

The cheapest is a Daybreak card!!!!
Old Nov 15th 2006, 2:36 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Ditto www.jajah.com
much better than being 'tied' to a PC with Skype.
Neil.
Buy a cordless VOIP phone !
Old Nov 15th 2006, 5:58 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I dont have a landline as its just another bill i dont need.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
I dont have a landline as its just another bill i dont need.
please pardon my ignorance but how do you get online without the landline? regards bobby
Old Nov 15th 2006, 11:06 am
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, ring your mum from work in the afternoon when she's getting up. Costs nothing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.