Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheapest Quote for a 20ft sole use container?

Cheapest Quote for a 20ft sole use container?

Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:10 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Question Cheapest Quote for a 20ft sole use container?

Anyone managed to get a really good deal?

Tia
Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:10 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest Quote for a 20ft sole use container?

We used F+N £3,125 door to door Peterborough (UK) to 30 mile delivery radius from Freemantle.
Everything paccked and wrapped well, but be aware, 'blink' and it gets packed. They managed to pack my contact lenses and spare glasses while i was in the garage!

Neil.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 10:50 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
We used F+N £3,125 door to door Peterborough (UK) to 30 mile delivery radius from Freemantle.
Everything paccked and wrapped well, but be aware, 'blink' and it gets packed. They managed to pack my contact lenses and spare glasses while i was in the garage!

Neil.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 5:03 pm

Any others used 20ft sole use?
Old Jan 25th 2006, 5:06 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Any others used 20ft sole use?
do you give them a rough date, when asking for quotes? or do they need a precise date
Old Jan 25th 2006, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by h2oskineil

Neil.

ummmmmmm F&N????? who??
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by paulf
do you give them a rough date, when asking for quotes? or do they need a precise date
Dunno...never had a quote yet
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Rooksie
ummmmmmm F&N????? who??
Think I've found them...just typed F&N into search box, LOL

Came up 1st on the list:

http://www.fnworldwide.com/
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:12 pm

Looks like their head office is in Germany
Old Jan 26th 2006, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

DMC100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Cheapest Quote for a 20ft sole use container?

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Anyone managed to get a really good deal?

Tia

Why not try Robinsons in Darlington. I have heard that they are very good!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DMC100
Why not try Robinsons in Darlington. I have heard that they are very good!
Robinsons are so far our most expensive quote by about £400.

John Mason and PSS about the same - awaiting visit from Crown in a couple of weeks.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Cheapest Quote for a 20ft sole use container?

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
Robinsons are so far our most expensive quote by about £400.

John Mason and PSS about the same - awaiting visit from Crown in a couple of weeks.

That was the Bristol branch though I assume?
Darlington are likely to be much more competitive as they are more northerly and besides the cheapest are not always the best in any case! I have found this out on many occasions. You generally get what you pay for.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DMC100
That was the Bristol branch though I assume?
Darlington are likely to be much more competitive as they are more northerly and besides the cheapest are not always the best in any case! I have found this out on many occasions. You generally get what you pay for.
I thought the same company would quote the same amount no matter which 'branch' you had out? Am I being silly thinking this?
Old Jan 26th 2006, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
I thought the same company would quote the same amount no matter which 'branch' you had out? Am I being silly thinking this?
I would imagine that some of the costs involved also relate to how far your container would need to travel from your house to the port?
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by marco121068
I would imagine that some of the costs involved also relate to how far your container would need to travel from your house to the port?

Exactly Marco, the further from port the more expensive it is for haulage.
Also I bet the guys who live down south get paid more money and so the southern branches are bound to be more expensive!! Everything is cheaper oop north!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.