scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap travel insurance??

Any help???

cheers

scott
Old Jul 9th 2004, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point

We've used these the last few times. Always been cheap for us.

EDIT:
Oopsss.. forgot the link . it was direct travel as stated below.

Last edited by asfry; Jul 9th 2004 at 6:28 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

WE've got an annual family policy with http://www.direct-travel.co.uk which is pretty cheap - but we've never had to claim...

Alastair
Old Jul 9th 2004, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

mrttennis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap travel insurance??

Originally posted by scottalison6
Any help???

cheers

scott
Lloydstsb include annual travel insurance when you run either their Gold or Platinum account - the gold account only costs around £8 per month I think.
Otherwise for insurance I have always found tesco to be by far the cheapest.
Old Jul 10th 2004, 11:04 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cheap travel insurance??

Originally posted by mrttennis
Lloydstsb include annual travel insurance when you run either their Gold or Platinum account - the gold account only costs around £8 per month I think.
Otherwise for insurance I have always found tesco to be by far the cheapest.
Don't forget though that most policies don't cover one-way trips (read the small print very carefully), so you'll need a special one for that final emigration flight. I (and others) have been recommending InsureAndGo but checking it recently I couldn't see the one-way option any more. I recall it being hard to find in the first place, though. (Don't confuse one-way with single-trip.)
Old Jul 10th 2004, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

I bought my One Way Insurance from www.go-walkabout.co.uk from a really nice, helpful guy - Harold Lawrence.

3 x Adults, 17 day cover (so that I have the 10 wait for Medicare covered) = £85.50
Old Jul 10th 2004, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point

We used First Direct for immigration insurance, we had asked for
holiday insurance and after explaining the situation they recommended the above rather than holiday as its meant for
this exact case.

Karen
Old Jul 10th 2004, 3:33 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Thanks for those tips guys!
Old Jul 10th 2004, 3:45 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

We used [url]www.insurefor.com[url] we used the backpacker policy as we were travelling for 3 months and we could insure the camcorder and it was available one way

Jo
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:42 am
Just Joined

simonmonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap Travel Insurance from World Nomads

I have always used World Nomads mainly becasue they have good cover, allow you to extend your policy indefinitely (which is great, because my plans always change while I am away, allow expats to purchase outside their country of residence and make your claims online (something I haven't had to do, but I have read of people who have, with no trouble.

Always found them to be good.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

bob and ginnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medical insurance and luggage insurance

it's fine to shop round for insurance on your luggage, in case it goes "walk-about" on the way. However, medical insurance is a bit of overkill, unless you're stopping off somewhere exotic for a few days.
Basically, if you're going non-stop from the UK to Australia or New Zealand, you'll be covered by Australia's national health system "Medicare" once you land. It provides for free treatment in a public hospital anywhere in Australia, and pays up to 85% of a private GP's consultation fee. You pay the few dollars difference, if you need to see a local GP, up to $300 for a whole family for the calendar year, max.
If you have private health insurance in the UK, then maybe you're the kind that will feel more secure with medical insurance anyway, but if you aren't covered privately at home, why would you need to insure if you're going non-stop and are covered both ends of the trip?
Just acting as devil's advocate.