Cheap software

Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheap software

I need to buy Adobe Acrobat version 8. Adobe website lists it at AUD475.

Is there some cheaper place I can buy this (legally)? Is there some kind of software superstore?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:53 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap software

Originally Posted by Family of 3
I need to buy Adobe Acrobat version 8. Adobe website lists it at AUD475.

Is there some cheaper place I can buy this (legally)? Is there some kind of software superstore?
Not done much of a search but $409 here for Acrobat X Standard ...
http://www.softwaretime.com.au/adobe...FUqApAodNxNT9Q

Acrobat 8 Standard is $220 here... but the website looks a bit pants, no idea what they are like ...
http://www.buytec.com.au/software.asp?Brand=Adobe
Old Mar 16th 2011, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone in the house a student?
By student I mean primary, high school, Uni or a teacher?

You can buy most software cheaper if your a student.
Most of it is the same stuff but alot cheaper.

Ive done this, with the latest office I downloaded from Microsoft and got sent the disc 7 days later.

Google the products you want but put in student edition.Usually find the brand has a website and also other independant retailers online.

Here has acrobat X Pro for only $139

http://www.studentdiscounts.com.au/adobe.html

Gems
Old Mar 16th 2011, 4:54 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
Anyone in the house a student?
By student I mean primary, high school, Uni or a teacher?

You can buy most software cheaper if your a student.
Most of it is the same stuff but alot cheaper.

Ive done this, with the latest office I downloaded from Microsoft and got sent the disc 7 days later.

Google the products you want but put in student edition.Usually find the brand has a website and also other independant retailers online.

Here has acrobat X Pro for only $139

http://www.studentdiscounts.com.au/adobe.html

Gems
Good tip
Old Mar 16th 2011, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the Acrobat student website link

https://store3.adobe.com/cfusion/sto...ore=OLS-EDU-AU

Search for the Acrobat X

Gems
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:00 am
Mostly Harmless

Version 9 (non-student) on eBay for $135 with free shipping ...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-ADO...item2a0ef70cde
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately Mini is only Kindy so not "full time" do doesn't qualify as student.

I think I might contact a graphic designer, who probably has this software, and try to get them to do the conversion for me. There are only 2 files, but they're quite big.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:12 am
Mostly Harmless

Unfortunately Mini is only Kindy so not "full time" do doesn't qualify as student.

I think I might contact a graphic designer, who probably has this software, and try to get them to do the conversion for me. There are only 2 files, but they're quite big.
What are you converting to and from?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Version 9 (non-student) on eBay for $135 with free shipping ...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-ADO...item2a0ef70cde
Or even easier, just bought that, ta.

Let's hope it does what I need it to........
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:26 am
Mostly Harmless

Or even easier, just bought that, ta.

Let's hope it does what I need it to........
I assume you've investigated whether there is anything free out there that will do the job? There are a lot of file conversion tools around.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

PDF to word.

Managed to convert some of what I need with free stuff, but the remaining two files are too big and I can't split without Acrobat version 8 or later (which also converts).
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

EinsteinJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you use office 2010? Or perhaps use other PDF creator tool such as CutePDF. Or buy a third party PDF creator such as "FOXIT" or just googling.

Never buy student version to do commercial job. it is illegal . Never buy a cheaper software from unknown webwsite, could be pirate...or if it is legal, the Term of Use could not be used in Australia..which make it illegal as well.

If for simple things or to create a brochures i will rely on Office 2010's Publisher for presentation then i convert them into PDF.

Hope this help
Old Mar 16th 2011, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Not really, Einstein, as I've going from PDF to word, not the other way round
Old Mar 16th 2011, 6:08 am
Mostly Harmless

Not really, Einstein, as I've going from PDF to word, not the other way round
These don't work?

http://www.pdftoword.com/

http://www.hellopdf.com/

http://www.freepdftoword.org/

http://www.free-pdf-to-word-converter.com/

Last edited by DeadVim; Mar 16th 2011 at 6:11 am.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

pdftoword worked great on files less than 10mb.

I tried a few others too. One (Pdf file?) I paid (not much) for and, although evaluation version worked fine on a sample, the paid for version didn't work. Help desk fairly useless.

Anyway, hopefully this has now been solved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.