Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap hotel with internet far out from melbourne?

Cheap hotel with internet far out from melbourne?

Old Feb 21st 2012, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

rld1177 has much to be proud ofrld1177 has much to be proud ofrld1177 has much to be proud ofrld1177 has much to be proud ofrld1177 has much to be proud ofrld1177 has much to be proud ofrld1177 has much to be proud ofrld1177 has much to be proud ofrld1177 has much to be proud ofrld1177 has much to be proud ofrld1177 has much to be proud of
Default Cheap hotel with internet far out from melbourne?

I am moving to Melbourne, unfortunately, March 15th which it turns out is the grand prix weekend. Hotels are mostly sold out and jacked up in price.

Does anyone know of a basic hotel in a melbourne suburb with internet access and a commute to the CBD under 1 hour? Ive looked on a number of website but they seem to focus on CBD only hotels that are pretty near to the grand prix.

Thanks!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap hotel with internet far out from melbourne?

Wotif and Lastminute web sites have areas you can put in in the suburbs so have a look at the Metlink site and follow the train lines to what you think are suitable suburbs and look them up, I am sure you will find something to suit you. Good luck
Old Feb 21st 2012, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of

theres a guy on here that rents out a room in his house. he emailed me pics and it looked really decent, plus the guy sounded really helpful with info etc....I would have went there but he was booked up when I land (3rd March)

I'll try and find his name on the forum, he posts quite regular on all things melbourne
Old Feb 21st 2012, 10:56 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timmerman
theres a guy on here that rents out a room in his house. he emailed me pics and it looked really decent, plus the guy sounded really helpful with info etc....I would have went there but he was booked up when I land (3rd March)

I'll try and find his name on the forum, he posts quite regular on all things melbourne
That's me, and thanks for the recommendation - I am however now booked up until 5th May.

http://www.parkdalemotorinn.com.au/ is a hotel near us but I have no idea how good it is.

BB
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

benhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of light

If you are after longish-term rent (28 nights + ) Tribeca serviced apartments may be your answer. They'll charge you about $140 per night for a 1-bed with parking and Internet thrown in (you may need to negotiate the later). We stayed there a couple of months and it was excellent; a 15 min commute from CBD, quiet and comfortable http://www.tribecaservicedapartments.com.au/