Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CHEAP FLIGHTS TO PERTH

CHEAP FLIGHTS TO PERTH

Old Jul 12th 2009, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

johnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the rough
Smile CHEAP FLIGHTS TO PERTH

Hello all, we are off to Perth for 3 weeks come October 09, with any luck, we are looking for return flights, anyone know of any impending deals/sales we should be looking out for with any airline, looking to fly from Birmingham/London or Manchester.

thanks

J&J
Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of
Default Re: CHEAP FLIGHTS TO PERTH

Originally Posted by johnandjoanne
Hello all, we are off to Perth for 3 weeks come October 09, with any luck, we are looking for return flights, anyone know of any impending deals/sales we should be looking out for with any airline, looking to fly from Birmingham/London or Manchester.

thanks

J&J
Hiya, been looking at this myself, but one way in the next month or so.

My father reckons the cheapest way is to fly to Moscow with Aeroflot!

If you can be bothered researching the different flights, I think the cheapest (but not necessarily most simple, comfortable, shortest or convenient) way is to get somewhere close (Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, wherever is cheapest), and then get a budget flight to Perth from there on Jetstar, Air Asia or Tiger.

There`s quite a few threads on cheap flights, but I haven`t seen anyone mention staff discounts! BA staff for instance can get `Hotline` discount tickets for anyone (doesn`t have to be themselves or family). I had a look at what was available and found LHR to Sydney for £320 (single). Know anyone who works for BA? I assume other airlines might do the same.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

iolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud of

Air Asia is pretty good. They have a deal on at the moment where you can upgrade to business-class style seats for about £250 per person (good for that leg between London and Kuala Lumpar). Plus luggage is paid separately and you can get up to 25kilos per person.

My uncle flew them recently from Perth to London and couldn't praise them enough. He was well pleased at having the larger seat for next to nothing.

Just one thing - when you go on to their website, you can't book flights from london to perth. You need to look at London to KL and pay for that, then book KL to Perth and book that by itself. (or least that was all I could figure out! )
Old Jul 12th 2009, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Oh yeah, forgot Air Asia fly out of the UK! Is there a D`oh smiley?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

varsanik will become famous soon enoughvarsanik will become famous soon enough

I am flying to Perth on 19th August for 2 weeks, I searched every possible place and the cheapest was £620 return with Malaysian Airlines (booked last week) http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/en/home.aspx

Note: Air Aisa work out approx £60 cheaper, but considering they are only a small airline with few UK flights, I dont think this is worth the risk.