Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cheap flights to perth

cheap flights to perth

Old Mar 29th 2006, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

patricia is a jewel in the roughpatricia is a jewel in the roughpatricia is a jewel in the roughpatricia is a jewel in the rough
Default cheap flights to perth

Hi
Our daughter has just moved to Perth having never been to Australia not sure about best place to look for cheap flights. Can anyone advise as to the best websites to look on. We also want to look for flights in 2007. Thanks
Old Mar 29th 2006, 3:37 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all
Default Re: cheap flights to perth

Originally Posted by patricia
Hi
Our daughter has just moved to Perth having never been to Australia not sure about best place to look for cheap flights. Can anyone advise as to the best websites to look on. We also want to look for flights in 2007. Thanks

Hi Patricia,

We have always booked on the phone via Trailfinders or Flight Centre. I've never seen internet fares any cheaper (in most cases, they have been more expensive - i've just checked the prices for our flight on Expedia and they are significantly more expensive than what we paid). Also going via the telephone for me gives peace of mind and means we can put in extra requests - we have two small children so have to request a children's meal and a bassinette seat and all of that is much better done over the phone rather than spending hours typing in different dates and times and hoping you come up with the best prices. They also have special deals for hotels etc as stopovers. We have had some good bargains such as free transfers and upgrades for hotels in Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong which the sales people know about when you ask them.

The other thing is it pays to know the cheaper times of the year to fly - if you go off peak then it is consderably cheaper. You can even get pretty good prices for December/Christmas as long as you book early enough and leave the UK before (approx) 10th December (the exact date changes every year according to which day is a Friday but basically the prices go up the second Saturday in December).

As a guide, we paid about £750 per adult in dec 2004, Leaving 7th December which was our last trip there. Our one way flights on 8th May are £1091 for two adults, one child and an infant.

Hope this helps

Michelle
Old Mar 29th 2006, 4:17 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

thomson airways out of gatwick otherwise known as brittannia do cheap flight around xmas time to perth ,i got a one way back to perth at the end of jan for 99 pounds and i know they where trying to sell seats on the 23 dec 2005 one way to the uk for 99 dollars which eventually got reduced to 49 dollars .I know on my flight back in jan to perth there were people on there who had paid 240 pounds return inc taxes all these cheap fairs to perth happen between nov - jan and you have to be ready to go .All booked via internet and the flight was identical to any i had been on before except you had to pay for you alcoholic drinks which is no big deal anyway

Last edited by sassenach; Mar 29th 2006 at 4:20 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:57 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I bought some tickets in a seat sale on Christmas Eve, £498 to Perth return. If you have the spare cash, (you have to pay the full price when you book) and want to make a couple of flights per year, it pays to buy well in advance and get them while they are cheap.
Last night Trailfinders were quoting £741 Birmingham - Perth return with Emirates for travel in October 2006, but there are cheaper flight with Qantas out of London.

Neil.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

patricia is a jewel in the roughpatricia is a jewel in the roughpatricia is a jewel in the roughpatricia is a jewel in the rough

Thank you all very much will have a search and see what I can find.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Darren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant future

Try Travelbag.co.uk then ring them and they will try all sorts of options to bring the cost down. Just booked one way with them in August and they were by far the most helpful and cheapest

Darren
Old Mar 31st 2006, 11:50 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

my brother has just booked for 2 weeks end Sept/early Oct with Malaysian and paid 647 pounds
Old Apr 1st 2006, 4:35 pm
Ocean Reef

Location: Landed in Perth July'06 & now freezing in Melbourne! Brisbane Bound soon and lovin it everyday!
luchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud of
Smile Re: cheap flights to perth

Hi

Hi,

i have completed extensive research and emirates always seem to come out on top. If you wish to go via an agent ( who does not charge any more then direct from emirates) then "travelmood" are good. The prices fluctuate depending what time of year you are buying the ticket for, but around £450 - £550 is a good price (even in peak season it should only be £650!)

Its worth shopping around.