Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap flights to Oz?

Cheap flights to Oz?

Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:05 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Cheap flights to Oz?

Anyone know the cheapest carrier for flights to Australia? We are probably going to fly into Melbourne as it's cheaper than going direct to Adelaide but were hoping to go early next year and the flights we've seen are v expensive (over £900 each!)
:scared:

I may be out of touch, but I thought we could go for less than £600 each.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cheap flights to Oz?

Originally posted by bridiej
Anyone know the cheapest carrier for flights to Australia? We are probably going to fly into Melbourne as it's cheaper than going direct to Adelaide but were hoping to go early next year and the flights we've seen are v expensive (over £900 each!)

Try looking on ebookers.co.uk - they search different airlines. One-way to Perth in Jan is £465. I suspect Melbourne will be slightly more, but not double.

Dave
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by darkless
Try looking on ebookers.co.uk - they search different airlines. One-way to Perth in Jan is £465. I suspect Melbourne will be slightly more, but not double.

Dave

Just found another with Malaysian Air - £403 (plus taxes)

Dave
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:20 pm

Ooh, that sounds good, is it on their website?

(ps have a drink on me as a thank you...!)
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ooh, that sounds good, is it on their website?

(ps have a drink on me as a thank you...!)

Haha, cheers

Yeah it is on their website. I used them when I went to Perth in April and they were fine. You can phone up and check on the status of your tickets etc

When are you looking to go?
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:27 pm

Hi

Well, it depends really on whether hubby can get 3/4 weeks off work, but ideally wanted to go between January & May, although it doesnt matter too much as it's just to have a good look around, see what the job prospects are, houses are like etc. as I've never been...

Hopefully, if all goes well, we will then start our application...

I'm already going through being excited one minute and scared sh*tless the next - is that natural?? :scared:
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:36 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hello,

www.leestravel.co.uk seem to do quite good deals, I got a return with Singapore air to Brisbane for £590 that was in June but there are cheap deals around if you pick your dates carefully.

Good Luck
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm already going through being excited one minute and scared sh*tless the next - is that natural?? :scared:

Haha, YES!!!

I have been like that for the last 3 years since I started this whole process. One minute I can be looking forward to everything so much, the next wondering if I am doing the right thing etc.

Trouble is having gotten as far as I have - Visa validated, house sold here, house bought there, we have now reached a point of no going back which at least removes the shall we or shaln't we element!!

In the main though I am incredibly positive about it - I am a natural worrier - money, family, etc. but if I didn't go then I would always wonder 'what-if' and for me that would be worse. I worry here about day to day stuff, so I figured that I might as well at least worry over then and have sun, pool, nice house etc to worry in

Dave
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:53 pm

Originally posted by darkless

In the main though I am incredibly positive about it - I am a natural worrier - money, family, etc. but if I didn't go then I would always wonder 'what-if' and for me that would be worse. I worry here about day to day stuff, so I figured that I might as well at least worry over then and have sun, pool, nice house etc to worry in
Hi Dave - sounds like we are very similar!! I am already worried about finding a place to live, getting work, how the cats will cope being in confinement for 30 days etc. etc. etc. and always think "What If"!

I guess you dont know til you try do you? I just want to get over there and see if it's all it's cracked up to be then we can get on with the looooooooong process of applying...
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point

£454 from manchester to brisbane with singapore I was quoted, direct from singapore airlines website for travel in feb or march.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:58 pm

I am going to look at their website now......!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:06 pm

I dont understand - what ever I put in it keeps coming up at £1600 in total!

What am I doing wrong...?
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

I dont understand - what ever I put in it keeps coming up at £1600 in total!

What am I doing wrong...?
Hi,

I am not sure what you are doing wrong, when I use ebookers.co.uk and put in 3 people from London --> Perth, one way leaving on 15th January 2005 I get the following results

Royal Brunei - £382
Malaysia - £403
Thai - £439

etc, etc

Dave
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:29 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I keep seeing flights quoted at £500 ish but then they add on taxes and .. oh by the way that flight's full, have this one at £750, etc, etc.
Have a look at Thoms Cook. I've just booked a return Manchester - Brisbane (with Emirates) for £660 inc all taxes, credit card charge, etc for October. Apparently they have a 'sale' on Melbourne trips.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point

We used www.deckchair.com for our holiday flights and will beusing them again later in the year for when we move to Melbourne.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.