Reload this Page >

Cheap flights info to NZ

Wikiposts

Cheap flights info to NZ

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Dee_e56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap flights info to NZ

Hi can anyone recommend good sites to go to for cheap flights to NZ. I have been looking to go at the end of this month, a last minute idea for possible job interview and prices are around 800 Pounds, but its more likely to be at end of Feb. Can anyone help.

Thanks
Dee
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we went with trailfinders from NI for 800 ponds per head and they are quite often less than that from here depending on time of year. would highly recomend the service too! I think some of the internet companies like travelbag can be good value too but we felt happier face to face!

In case you are wondering about airlines we thought Singapore were really good. Would aim for them again! Took three kids under ten and had no problems! The flight attendents were lovely!

By the way what's the job?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi shirley

My hubby works in aviation and has applied to air new zealand for job. We will be going there for an interview and have a good look around new zealand. The children feel happier about going there first before moving their for good.

Thanks for the info on airlines etc. where are you going to and why.

Dee
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 8:58 am
Just Joined

miss brodie is an unknown quantity at this point

Travelbag get some good deals. We have flown with a number of airlines. Air NZ is great for luggage allowances and for South Pacific stopovers, but you often can't see the TV. Air Malaysia do some really good cheap deals with a stopover in KL. I have also had good experiences with JAL.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:22 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cheap flights info to NZ

Originally posted by Dee_e56
Hi can anyone recommend good sites to go to for cheap flights to NZ. I have been looking to go at the end of this month, a last minute idea for possible job interview and prices are around 800 Pounds, but its more likely to be at end of Feb. Can anyone help.

Thanks
Dee
TRY -

www.trailfinders.co.uk
www.travelbag.co.uk
www.ebookers.com
www.netflights.com
www.flightcentre.co.uk
www.travelmood.com
www.questtravel.com
www.austravel.com

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Copperben is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi try dialaflight.com they are normally very good - my friend is flying out for 700 GBP end of this month - worth giving them a call. I flew to NZ with them with Cathay Pacific and cannot fault the service.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Dee,
we hope to go to live in Christchurch in the next six months or whenever we get the house sold all all other loose ends tied up. We went to NZ last Easter to check it out and also to job hunt as we needed the points. I am a nurse and got a job in my own specialty no problem and they are very good waiting for us to get over!

I thingk it is a good idea to go first, especially for the kids as you say. Ours are really good about it and all three of them definately want to go there to live. I even suggested (just testingly) to them that we give up because the house isn't selling etc. and there was major objection and they all said no we really want to go and live in New Zealand!!

I've probably been the hardest to convince to be honest as it all began as hubbies dream but now i am as keen as anyone and at this stage there is a large part of me which just wants out of this limbo we are in and get on with life anywhere! I think it is good for you to see the country as well as it is impossible not to have misconcived ideas about it from home! I was a bit taken aback by a few aspects but then it definately grew on me in the three weeks we were there and for the first time ever I didn't really want to come home after being away that long! We certainly did loads of things we would/could never have done at home and just felt really relaxed as a family. I know it is obviously very different being on holiday and living there but the friendliness of the people and even of the folk in the hospital was one of the most appealing features!

Bet you're sorry you asked now-I'm afraid I have rambled on a it, but if you have any more specific questions please fire away and I will do my best to help.

Where are you hoping to settle and what ages are the kids?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

HI shirley

Thanks for the reply and it wasnt long and winded, Its good to hear what other peple think and feel, I feel its good to know that your not alone in this long drawn out process.

My children are 14yrs and 11yrs. They are older and more aware of the realities of moving so far away. I think moving here to Switzerland was the best move for us, its as if we have been moving across stepping stones the last few years. we moved from Wales to England stayed there for about 1 and half years and now we are in Switzerland been here for nearly 1yr. Its been an easier adjustment for us all this way.

We are hoping to live in christchurch or surrounding area in NZ but it all depends upon the job offer, it could mean we could live in or around Auckland either way I don't care just want to be there.

But at the moment I feel like i am on a roller coaster and the if's and maybe's are kind of doing my head in at the moment, think its just one of those days.

Either way I will be there next year at least for a holiday and have a good look around. I had an e-amil today from a good friend in OZ she is very happy about us moving to NZ and is hoping that we will go and stay with them when we visit next year, as we are planning to take some time out to see some of OZ.

What did you like and dislike about NZ, I like to hear peoples views and its amazing how much you can learn through it.
Are you going to go for the year on your passport or have you applied for permits because of work, if yes how easy is it. I ask this because my hubby has now decided to apply for permits instead of going there and then applying.

look forward to your reply
Dee
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:35 am
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap flights info to NZ

Originally posted by Dee_e56

Thanks
Dee
Wow thats alot. I paid 600 May before last, maybe thats a cheaper time to go. I too may need to go over there end of this month but was hoping to pay around £1200 again for my wife and I. I am fairly hopeful on hearing positive on a job next week and if so would need to go and check it out, probably staying for about 10 days. Is is too short notice to get a deal. I would prabably only have about 2 weeks to go as I cannot go next month, not without some difficulty.

Rob