British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Cheap flights !!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/cheap-flights-350172/)

Jane and Russ Middleton Jan 23rd 2006 11:43 am

Cheap flights !!!!!!

Hi I just had a look on ebookers and expedia to check out flight prices for June 6th and to Melbourne and Brisbane 1 way flights I thought were very reasonable , Varies from £358-£390 ish
Has anyone done any better ????
Jane xx

gladiatorjw Jan 23rd 2006 12:05 pm

Re: Cheap flights !!!!!!

Does this include extra baggage allowance? Cathay Pacific are also coming in quite cheap at the end of June but again I am not too sure if that includes extra baggage allowance.

Jane and Russ Middleton Jan 23rd 2006 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by gladiatorjw
Does this include extra baggage allowance? Cathay Pacific are also coming in quite cheap at the end of June but again I am not too sure if that includes extra baggage allowance.

From what I understand if you ask upon booking they will give you extra allowance
J x

KerrieM Jan 23rd 2006 1:47 pm

You need the special migration flight to get extra baggage with Cathy Pacific, you don't though to get it with Singapore Airlines... they give you it through email, no hassle

Jonahs_mummy Jan 23rd 2006 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Hi I just had a look on ebookers and expedia to check out flight prices for June 6th and to Melbourne and Brisbane 1 way flights I thought were very reasonable , Varies from £358-£390 ish
Has anyone done any better ????
Jane xx

We've thought sod it & are going to fly Business Class to treat ourselves!:D

Jane and Russ Middleton Jan 23rd 2006 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
We've thought sod it & are going to fly Business Class to treat ourselves!:D

OOOOoo you are posh !!! :D
Jane xx

Jonahs_mummy Jan 23rd 2006 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
OOOOoo you are posh !!! :D
Jane xx

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa just have done the hellish flight to Aus before with 1 baby - with 2 I need at least a comfy seat! LOL

Rob Morton-Jone Jan 23rd 2006 7:42 pm

Just thought that i would butt in if thats ok just to say that i had confirmation today, by e-mail, that Singapore Airlines offer unused permanent residency visa holders 40KG but no flexibilty on the 7KG hand luggage

Rob

chilliman Jan 23rd 2006 7:50 pm

Cathay Pacific only offer the extra baggage allowance on the migration fare which is £600 & you can't have it if you have your visa already stamped.

No worries with Royal Brunei & Emirates ... I will be flying with one of them in March when I got back to Oz for good. They are the next cheapest after Cathay Pacific!!

Jane and Russ Middleton Jan 23rd 2006 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa just have done the hellish flight to Aus before with 1 baby - with 2 I need at least a comfy seat! LOL

Bles ya heart !! Champagne all the way eh !! Girl after my own heart !! :beer:
Jane x