Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap Emirates Flights

Wikiposts

Cheap Emirates Flights

Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:56 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap Emirates Flights

Originally Posted by Jules&Steve
NICE ONE WAYNE - HOPE YOU BOTH HAVE A TOTALLY FAB LIFE AND KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR OZ BLOG SITE IF YOU EVER GET CHANCE!!!

AM SOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!

Jules x
I would but it's kinda gone off-line. Basically I changed my broadband package to leave the in-laws setup for after we've gone and I didn't check the small print about the hosting package I'll get it back online, it will just take a bit of work and the weather has been too nice lately

Cheers.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Simoned1
We have just got our Visa letter and we are thinking of flying with Emirates, however they seem very cheap and I am just wondering is there a there a reason that they are so cheap as I would rather pay more money if we are going to have the flight from hell.
used them in April
they were fantastic
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

We have just got our Visa letter and we are thinking of flying with Emirates, however they seem very cheap and I am just wondering is there a there a reason that they are so cheap as I would rather pay more money if we are going to have the flight from hell.

We have used Singapore once, Malaysian once and Emirates three times. We now will only go with Emirates.
I know some seem to have had a bad time with them but for us it has been great service and the best flight timings of all - take off Manchester 1pm - then take off Dubai at approx GMT 10 pm - body clock thinks it is night - sleep for a few hours and arrive Perth Teatime - Return leave Perth 10.30 pm - sleep for the long leg to Dubia - then breakfast and 7 hour flight back to Manchester for mid morning arrival.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Cheap Emirates Flights

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies BIG help, Tas special thanks to yours we found the idea of you scaring your lil'un very funny (poor little mare)

P.S Has he got over his phobia or have you given the poor child nightmares for life.

LOL !! No toilets are fine now , it's the great white sharks in the sea , crocs in the rivers and huntsman spiders in his playgroup we're having to deal with now ! :scared:
He has become a superhero - spiderboy - and webs everything that moves ! It's very funny walking thru' the mall.
All the best to you, any other questions just ask,
Tass.x
Old Jul 12th 2005, 11:40 am
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

andyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really nice
Talking Re: Cheap Emirates Flights

Oh and a handy hint - don't tell your 3 year old that if he's still sitting on the toilet on the plane when you flush it , it will "suck his bum out the windae !" . I found this developed a morbid fear of airplane toilets , in fact all toilets , for the rest of the journey and almost sent him into an acute retention ! One of my Bad parenting moments !

Brilliant - that just reminds me of how I feel on airplane loos ........ and I'm 34!!! Reminds me of the Peter Kay advert too ....... "it's alright darlin', it's not the boogie man in your wardrobe you need to worry about, it's the burgular coming through your window, now that's a worry" !!!!

My bad parenting moment came when I nearly broke my leg trying to get into my 8 year olds bedroom - messy is the understatement - I said to him, "do you know that snakes love to hide in messy rooms in Aus?" Oooppps!!! If only I could take it back, he's now very worried - maybe I should mention the toilet thing to take his mind off it ..... LOL :scared:
Cheers Sharon
(edited to add beer!!)

Last edited by andyedwards; Jul 12th 2005 at 11:43 am.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 11:51 am
Retired *********

pread is an unknown quantity at this point

We emigrated to Melbourne September 2002 with our kids, then aged 1 & 4. I can't speak highly enough of them, they were fantastic. Would definitely fly with them again.
Cheers, Paul.

Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wmoore
We flew Emirates into Brisbane last year and thought they were great. We plan on flying with them one our one-way ticket in about 10 days time.
Show off! ...

I'm flying out to Brissie with Emirates on the Wednesday, so there! ...

ALTHO!! ........ I also have a return ticket!
Old Jul 16th 2005, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

HI - flew with them yesterday. No idea why I'm on here and not asleep.

Planes were fine, enough leg room and the staff were nice - not OTT but better than I expected and the 3 x 7 hour flights were more user friendly than when we've flown BA and Quantas years ago.\\

They did bugger up the bassinet situation for a lovely family and they ended up doing the middle flight with their baby on their lap and the last separated so they could use the bassinet. Other people were claiming those spaces because of bad backs, etc.\

This also happened to us with BA between Cairns and Brisbane but managed to persuade someone else to shift on the next one to Singapore.\\If you need a bassinet when flying get it in triplicate that your seats are reserved.\\\\

Otherwise our flights were good - happy to recommend.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 10:08 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flip
\If you need a bassinet when flying get it in triplicate that your seats are reserved.\\\\

Otherwise our flights were good - happy to recommend.
If you are a Skywards member, Emirates will let you pre-book your seats but they do not allocate the seats by the exits until check-in.