Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap Emirates Flights

Cheap Emirates Flights

Old Jul 9th 2005, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Simoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to all
Smile Cheap Emirates Flights

We have just got our Visa letter and we are thinking of flying with Emirates, however they seem very cheap and I am just wondering is there a there a reason that they are so cheap as I would rather pay more money if we are going to have the flight from hell.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 11:45 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap Emirates Flights

Originally Posted by Simoned1
We have just got our Visa letter and we are thinking of flying with Emirates, however they seem very cheap and I am just wondering is there a there a reason that they are so cheap as I would rather pay more money if we are going to have the flight from hell.

i worked in the longhaul travel industry for nearly 20 years, and emirates are one of the best airlines around. they won best airline for the uk travel awards a few years ago, and i think it was 3 years on the bounce. i would love to fly with emirates. get it booked

michelle
Old Jul 9th 2005, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

lizasi is an unknown quantity at this point

we went to oz last year with them, we thought that it was just us having a bad flight but since then my parents and brother have flown with them on long flights and we all say we wouldn't use them again.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:54 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizasi
we went to oz last year with them, we thought that it was just us having a bad flight but since then my parents and brother have flown with them on long flights and we all say we wouldn't use them again.
We flew with them last Christmas. Hubby and our 8 year old travelled together, they messed up their booking and refused to allow our son on the flight. After 1 1/2 hours of arguing, tears and phone calls they eventually let my irate husband and totally distressed son onto the flight and promised that they would sort it all out for the return flight.

I was due to fly out with our 18 month old the following week so they suggested that I phone the booking office and make sure that our booking was OK. Following several phone calls they assured us that they found the problem and everything was OK-guess what? It wasn't. I was kept at the customer service desk with a screaming 18 month year old and a pile of luggage for almost 2 hours, I was not happy. They assured me that everything was sorted for the return journey-oh no it wasn't.

We arrived at Perth Airport rested and ready to face the New Year only to be told that there was no booking for my hubby and son from Dubai and that we would have to travel separately from there. Apparently the booking officer cancelled their booking and forgot to rebook it. They eventually agreed to put us all on a later flight but said we would have to spend the extra 12 hours at Dubai Airport, I asked for a hotel and they said that they could not promise anything but we could ask in Dubai-as if. Well that was it, I very calmly popped the baby on the counter and refused to move until it was sorted-it was.

Our arrival home was disastrous, we were stuck at the airport for 4 hours as they lost our luggage including the children's Christmas pressies from our Ozzie relatives.

Sorry about the length of this post but we would rather swim to Oz than ever set foot on an Emirates plane again.

ACE
Old Jul 9th 2005, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Hi I thought they were a very good airline, the only thing I found unpleasant was the flight transfer at Dubai. We had to get off the plane onto the tarmac, wait for a good while on a packed airport bus, then the journey to the terminal took as far as I recall a good ten minutes. We then had to go into an arrivals hall and wait in a very long que to go through security. It was a bit much after such a long flight. I would say it would be even worse with small children. A lady getting off the plane with a small baby struggled down the airplane steps with her baby in one hand and her bag in the other. The crew just stood and watched her. I was not impressed. It was not safe, as she should have had one hand free to prevent herself from falling. The least the crew could have done would have been to give her a hand.

Katie
Old Jul 9th 2005, 6:40 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

We are due to fly with Singapore Air, every dealing with them so afr have been spot on in planning the flight and answering all my stupid questions. They allow 40 per person baggage allowance for emmigration and we are stopping over on one of the deals they offer.. Our one way flight from manchester is good value compared to all the others we investigated. I looked at Emirates but thought the flight times were crap.

Good luck
Old Jul 9th 2005, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

millavi is on a distinguished road

I used to live in the emirates and they have a very good reputation. We flew to Malaysia with them once, and having been used to Royal Air Brunei, thought Emirates very fancy!!
Old Jul 9th 2005, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

CUEBALL is an unknown quantity at this point

We have never flown with Emirates, have heard they were good, but obviously people here have different views. We have just come back from OZ flew with Malaysian Airlines...ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC, only drawback i cant sleep on planes.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 9:14 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

We flew Emirates into Brisbane last year and thought they were great. We plan on flying with them one our one-way ticket in about 10 days time.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Haven't used them myself but my parents always use them when they go to Perth and can't praise them enough. We used Cathay when we went in December and they were fine, but as Emirates now go from Birmingham we hope to use them when we get our visas so we don't have to drag down to Heathrow.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Cheap Emirates Flights

HI !
We flew emirates on our one way trip in November last year, Glasgow to Sydney and found the whole thing EXCELLANT! We had a 3 year old and a 6 year old and they looked after our every need. There was the bus ride to the terminal once off the plane but for us it was all part of our big adventure.Most memorable was the heat smacking us in the face as we left the plane in Dubai , there was us with our fleeces and all sorts !
Because our connection flight to sydney was a "longer than 8 hr " wait , they put us up in the Millenium Copthorne Hotel free of charge with vouchers for a late night snack and breakfast for us all , if we wanted. The transfers to the hotel were free with a curteousy bus.It was great to get off , stretch our legs , have a mid emmigration , OMG !!!! WHAT ARE WE DOING ???? Panic and a wonderful long hot shower and a change of clothes.(and use the real toilet )
Oh and a handy hint - don't tell your 3 year old that if he's still sitting on the toilet on the plane when you flush it , it will "suck his bum out the windae !" . I found this developed a morbid fear of airplane toilets , in fact all toilets , for the rest of the journey and almost sent him into an acute retention ! One of my Bad parenting moments !
We booked thru our local independant travel agent and they ensured we had all the correct emmigration fares and baggage allowance. It was all stressfree because they sorted it all . We just got on the plane ! .....Oh and by the way , booking thru' the agent and not thru' the emirates web site saved us at least £700.
All the best whatever you decide ,it's just all too exciting and happens very quickly so savour each moment !
Tass.
P.S. The "have as much as you like to drink for free" was pretty good too , along with the interactive up to date movies and games and ......blah ,blah blah , better stop now , LOL!!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

nomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura about

We used Emirates last year on a trip to Perth. We travelled with two young kids and thought they were great. I would definately use them again.

Take care
Marina
Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Simoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Cheap Emirates Flights

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies BIG help, Tas special thanks to yours we found the idea of you scaring your lil'un very funny (poor little mare)

P.S Has he got over his phobia or have you given the poor child nightmares for life.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:04 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I just booked my flights with Emirates this morning. We fly out next Friday.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:53 pm
Get me out of here!!

Jules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wmoore
I just booked my flights with Emirates this morning. We fly out next Friday.
NICE ONE WAYNE - HOPE YOU BOTH HAVE A TOTALLY FAB LIFE AND KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR OZ BLOG SITE IF YOU EVER GET CHANCE!!!

AM SOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!

Jules x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.