Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cheap calls UK to Oz

cheap calls UK to Oz

Old Jun 15th 2004, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

jonny_2good is an unknown quantity at this point
Default better still, what about free

another idea is the both of you get internet phones (IP only), there about £30 and come with instructions. you do need broadband connections at both ends but depending on the cost it could be a lot cheaper.
you can only call other people with the phones but it's free !!!!
for those sceptical techies, you now no longer need a static IP address either.

Another option is a voice over IP, you can do the above but also use it as a regular phone and you still only get charged half of what it would normally cost you. These are a bit more expensive at £60.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 7:00 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by andy thomas
Before I used Telediscount I thought there must be a catch at only 1p/min so first I checked out there website where it is all fully explained in plain English. After you have used the pre-fix number to ring Australia all you get is that number showing on your normal bill, be it BT or whoever, charged at 1p/min, no other charges at all, simple.

Why pay 4p when you can pay 1p, there are no contracts, you dont even change provider, just dail the number and your off.

Andy

Thanks for this Andy - The last month has cost me an absolute fortune phoning Aus. Will have to hide the bill from hubby when it comes!!!
Used Telediscount today - got really excited thinking it was only costing 1p per minute. Now instead of just ringing the one relative whjo relays the news to all the others oot there I'll be able to ring them all!!!
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Originally posted by marie66
Thanks for this Andy - The last month has cost me an absolute fortune phoning Aus. Will have to hide the bill from hubby when it comes!!!
Used Telediscount today - got really excited thinking it was only costing 1p per minute. Now instead of just ringing the one relative whjo relays the news to all the others oot there I'll be able to ring them all!!!
Oh what have I done, your bill is bound to go up now you are ringing everyone. By the way is that a tinge of scottish in your typing>

Andy
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:47 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by andy thomas
Oh what have I done, your bill is bound to go up now you are ringing everyone. By the way is that a tinge of scottish in your typing>

Andy

Sorry - no geordie!! some say similar to scottish. Believe you me bill could not get higher. Last stages of aus skilled sponsored visa application and lost sponsor. All OK now 3 million phone calls later!!!
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Sorry - no geordie!! some say similar to scottish. Believe you me bill could not get higher. Last stages of aus skilled sponsored visa application and lost sponsor. All OK now 3 million phone calls later!!!

glad to help.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:55 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Sorry - no geordie!! some say similar to scottish.
I think Andy was merely alluding to a slight typo. Too subtle eh Andy!
All OK now 3 million phone calls later!!!
Phew!
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
I think Andy was merely alluding to a slight typo. Too subtle eh Andy!

Phew!
sorry for the delay, I had just nipped oot