Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CHEAP CALLS TO AUSSIE - 1p/min!

CHEAP CALLS TO AUSSIE - 1p/min!

Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Devonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really nice
Default CHEAP CALLS TO AUSSIE - 1p/min!

Thought I'd post this info and link to help those who need to make phone calls to Australia.

www.dialaround.co.uk

Australia - (landline to landline) 0844 861 29 29 (1p/min)
Australia - (landline to mobile) 0871 754 40 40 (6p/min)

You dial the toll number as above. You will then hear an automated voice saying "Welcome to Dialround - calls to this country/number are 1p/min - please enter the number you'd like to call".

Then enter the country code + area code + telephone number, then press the # button. You are only charged 1p/min. On your BT phone account it will show as "Special Service" - and thats it!

I'v been using Dialaround for a few years now - to phone South Africa - and have never had any probs on my main phone bill by using them. Is the cheapest out there!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: CHEAP CALLS TO AUSSIE - 1p/min!

Originally Posted by Devonfamily
Thought I'd post this info and link to help those who need to make phone calls to Australia.

www.dialaround.co.uk

You dial the toll number as above. You will then hear an automated voice saying "Welcome to Dialround - calls to this country/number are 1p/min - please enter the number you'd like to call".

Then enter the country code + area code + telephone number, then press the # button. You are only charged 1p/min. On your BT phone account it will show as "Special Service" - and thats it!

I'v been using Dialaround for a few years now - to phone South Africa - and have never had any probs on my main phone bill by using them. Is the cheapest out there!
Cheers
The one we currently use is 5p to landline and 9p to mobile so we should save a bit. I like your tagline/signature!!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Devonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really nice
Default Re: CHEAP CALLS TO AUSSIE - 1p/min!

Originally Posted by Rach25
Cheers
The one we currently use is 5p to landline and 9p to mobile so we should save a bit. I like your tagline/signature!!
Are you also heading to Adelaide?

Only prob with phoning is time difference. I need to phone DECS (Education) -but when they start work - we are heading to bed. Guess I'll have to just keep my eyes open longer...lol
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

www.dialaround.co.uk

you can still get it cheaper!
http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert...lia#SimplyDial
Gives you a list of numbers, the cheapest at 0.5p my brother uses and has had no problems so far. You can check the box for mobile costs to be shown as well. You are charged from the moment you connect with most of them even if there is nobody in, engaged etc. If you scroll down it tells you about each company.

Last edited by TMRE; Mar 31st 2008 at 12:44 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: CHEAP CALLS TO AUSSIE - 1p/min!

Are you also heading to Adelaide?

Only prob with phoning is time difference. I need to phone DECS (Education) -but when they start work - we are heading to bed. Guess I'll have to just keep my eyes open longer...lol
Yes, we're off to Adelaide, that's where the hubbie is from. Are you a teacher? I'm and NQT, I'm excited about teaching in Oz, I've heard gd reports
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Crikey - did'nt think you could get cheaper than 1p/min ....lol.

Nope I'm not a teacher - would love to be a "Special Needs Assistant" though and help kids with Autism as my son has Aspergers. Have even thought about training in "Makaton" signing and take that across with me to help in Aus. Who knows - at the moment I run my own "Virtual Secretarial" business from home. Busy typing up Jewellery quotations for a client at the mo.

Tx for the info bout the cheaper phone calls - I'll look at that
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy24 will become famous soon enough

Hi

I called someone in Oz at the weekend and it cost me roughly 1p per minute and I used SKYPE.

Basically you call from your computer using the skype programme. You can either call skype to skype which is totally free all you need is the internet, skype to mobile (thats a little bit more expenive), or skype to landline.

If you check out skype online it will explain it all basically all you need is the internet and a headset which are really cheap or a microphone if your computer has speakers. So much cheaper and the line was clear as day.

It's one i will be recommending for when we go abroad to family here.

Tracy
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:16 pm
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light

www.dialaround.co.uk

Cheers, nice one, been calling my mate in Adelaide on his moiblie, this will save me a few tube lubricant tokens?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

We use budgetcom.co.uk - 0.5p per minute to an Australian landline.

Dial 0844 200 4040 and follow instructions.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:56 pm
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

I have been calling FREE to Oz and NZ for ages now as I have an Orange Livebox which gives you free calls to 30 international destinations by using their second line which is basically a phone plugged into the router.

It costs me £15 a month for up to 8 meg bband, line rental and free landline calls between 6 p.m. and 8 a.m with the free calls using 2nd line. This is if you have an Orange mobile contract. Otherwise it costs you £24 which is still cheap considering!