Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap Airfare Quotes and Airlines

Cheap Airfare Quotes and Airlines

Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:44 am
rudo1ph

Default Cheap Airfare Quotes and Airlines

Just looking into flights to the UK. It will be me travelling with 3 young children - 2, 5 and 8.

The cheapest quotes come with the following airlines.....anyone got any comments?

China Eastern Airlines, Eva Airways Corporation, Asiana Airlines, Garuda Indonesia

Has anyone travelled on any of these? I'm used to Quantas, Singapore, Malaysian, BA etc so not sure about travelling long haul with an unknown entity!!!

Ta

Rudi

Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:59 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Mrs Dagboy has flown EVA and rates them quite highly.

China Eastern Im not sure, I dont think they are too good
and the same goes for Garuda, Im afraid. Old fleet, bad safety and loads of stops en-route.

ttp://www.airsafe.com/events/airlines/garuda.htm
Old Jul 16th 2004, 8:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I was talking to a Kiwi yesterday who flew Garuda from Indonesia, a couple of years ago. She said they were appalling, ran out of food and drink, lousy service, wouldn't go near them again.
MrsD was asking about Eva for flights to the UK - have a search, the post is about 3-4 weeks back I think. Opinion seemed to be in their favour.
China? :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jul 16th 2004, 8:08 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pollyana
I was talking to a Kiwi yesterday who flew Garuda from Indonesia, a couple of years ago. She said they were appalling, ran out of food and drink, lousy service, wouldn't go near them again.
MrsD was asking about Eva for flights to the UK - have a search, the post is about 3-4 weeks back I think. Opinion seemed to be in their favour.
China? :scared: :scared: :scared:
I too have heard that Garuda are terrible - AVOID!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a look at the following website, it's extremely informative.

http://www.airlinequality.com/
Old Jul 16th 2004, 8:32 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

www.airlinemeals.net is quite revealing too.......

Dinner on Garuda -
Photo taken by: Peter D. Lammers
Flying from: Denpasar Bali to Frankfurt via Singapore, 30 July 2002
Class: Economy
Meal type: 2nd diner - Applesalad, Beef, Rice, small bread with butter and a cake.
Drink: Bintang
Comments: Only the beef was ok
Rating 1-10 (worst-best): 4

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 6th 2007 at 9:57 am.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point

Mmmmm, tasty!! I wouldn't give that to a pet yet alone a human being!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 8:58 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap Airfare Quotes and Airlines

Originally posted by rudo1ph
Just looking into flights to the UK. It will be me travelling with 3 young children - 2, 5 and 8.

The cheapest quotes come with the following airlines.....anyone got any comments?

China Eastern Airlines, Eva Airways Corporation, Asiana Airlines, Garuda Indonesia

Has anyone travelled on any of these? I'm used to Quantas, Singapore, Malaysian, BA etc so not sure about travelling long haul with an unknown entity!!!

Ta

Rudi

"Cross your fingers and hope you get there airlines"

Spend the extra dosh and make sure you get there in one piece.

Sirens b/h
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:02 am
Home and Happy

Mmmmm, tasty!! I wouldn't give that to a pet yet alone a human being!
Gets worse - this is a crew meal on an Iran Air flight... urgh!

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 6th 2007 at 9:57 am.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:11 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Pollyana
www.airlinemeals.net is quite revealing too.......

Dinner on Garuda -
Photo taken by: Peter D. Lammers
Flying from: Denpasar Bali to Frankfurt via Singapore, 30 July 2002
Class: Economy
Meal type: 2nd diner - Applesalad, Beef, Rice, small bread with butter and a cake.
Drink: Bintang
Comments: Only the beef was ok
Rating 1-10 (worst-best): 4
Hmmm, broiled masonite!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:12 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Ta

Rudi
Can you post any links you have for the cheap flights that you found?

We've got to look at booking flights very soon
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Ta

Rudi
I know how expensive it is but I would not fancy any of the above.

Have you looked at Cathay Pacific, they used to be up in the top tier price range untill the sars virus thing, because Hong Kong is the stopover. Now they are advertising as cheap as $1700 for the Oct 4 to Nov 15 which is the low season. Plus taxes of course but thats cheap from here for a good airline. I have flown them and no probs at all.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:18 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I have found that when looking for prices on air travel on the internet is way more expensive than what you can get at a travel agent. I would strongly advise anyone traveling to go the a Travel agent. ( and no i dont work for a Travel Agent)

Siren's b/h
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:22 am
Home and Happy

Or - if you're in the UK - ring the places in the back of the weelend papers; Austravel, Netflights, etc - sometimes pick up cheapies that way, I've got three good deals off Austravel that way.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:38 am
rudo1ph

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Can you post any links you have for the cheap flights that you found?

We've got to look at booking flights very soon
The quotes were on the Flight Centre website.

Thanks to all who have replied.

Eva air come out well.......4 stars - up with BA in the ratings. (not that I am a particular fan of BA!!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.