Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

'Chav' in the English Dictionary

'Chav' in the English Dictionary

Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Talking 'Chav' in the English Dictionary

It's official, the English Dictionary has added 'chav' as a proper word!
In addition, a 'chavette' is a female chav and my personal favourite, something suitable for a chav is described as 'chavtastic'

Now I'm on the campaign to get 'bogan' in!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:47 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 'Chav' in the English Dictionary

Originally Posted by logan
In addition, a 'chavette' is a female chav and my personal favourite, something suitable for a chav is described as 'chavtastic'

Isn't it already in, under "ocker" ?
Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Isn't it already in, under "ocker" ?
it should be in, in its own right!! I mean "Neighbours" uses it all the time, so it must be a real word!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:53 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

it should be in, in its own right!! I mean "Neighbours" uses it all the time, so it must be a real word!
bl**dy oath !!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:37 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, and Stingray in Neighbours is always running around calling everyone a, "Spiggin' Hufter"...!!

What the hell does that mean??
Old Jun 9th 2005, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scossie
Yea, and Stingray in Neighbours is always running around calling everyone a, "Spiggin' Hufter"...!!

What the hell does that mean??
Me thinks, friggin' muff maybe
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

I have to say one thing I do not miss from the UK is the burberry wearing chavs and chavettes that used to frequent the streets. Don't get me wrong you still get some sights out here but they are just not of the same quality - well certainly not in Sydney anyway.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:54 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Lol!!!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:23 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
Caught myself using that the other day , hubby looked at me like I had to heads.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JayneS
I have to say one thing I do not miss from the UK is the burberry wearing chavs and chavettes that used to frequent the streets. Don't get me wrong you still get some sights out here but they are just not of the same quality - well certainly not in Sydney anyway.
Haven't you seen the goths etc in Newtown, Jayne? :scared:
Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

When this was on the ITN news yesterday the chap reporting gave a discription of the word CHAV, it's one that i had never heard before and i thought it was so spot on Council House Anti-social Vermin .If the burberry cap fits.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by karenjc
When this was on the ITN news yesterday the chap reporting gave a discription of the word CHAV, it's one that i had never heard before and i thought it was so spot on Council House Anti-social Vermin .If the burberry cap fits.

I love that description - brings to mind several of the idiots I tried to avoid today

Peter
Old Jun 10th 2005, 7:21 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Caught myself using that the other day , hubby looked at me like I had to heads.
Must admit, I've started saying "spiggin" quite a lot too!!!
Old Jun 10th 2005, 7:48 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

What about these new additions...

bouncebackability
blogosphere
tiggerish (ah, how sweet)
dickwad (dread to think!)
dipshit (self explanatory)
**** (that'll please G)
grammatology
bumsters
bridie ( )

D D
Old Jun 10th 2005, 7:52 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
What about these new additions...

bouncebackability
blogosphere
tiggerish (ah, how sweet)
dickwad (dread to think!)
dipshit (self explanatory)
**** (that'll please G)
grammatology
bumsters
bridie ( )

D D
bouncebackability was put in because of Soccer AM on Sky Sports (Sat AM) ... they got as many sportmen, presenters & narrators on TV & Radio to use the word in interviews and commentaries... LOL its great.......

"Colin & Edith" on Radio 1 are trying to get "Sucking Diesel" recognised as a new mode of "exclaiming your happiness"! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.