Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Changing to a QLD Driving Licence from UK

Changing to a QLD Driving Licence from UK

Old May 17th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing to a QLD Driving Licence from UK

Hi
Can anybody tell me whats involved and is it true that you have to sit a theory test?, some say yes and some say you dont??, (or is my info out of date)

Is it okay if you still have the old style paper licence or will I need to get the new UK photo card one?, what info do you have to take with you and do they hang on to your UK licence?

really greatful for some info ladies and gentlemen

Thanks very much
Old May 17th 2008, 9:15 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing to a QLD Driving Licence from UK

There is no test.

You fill out the forms....go to the transport office with ID and your UK license.

You queue up, have your photo taken, wait a few minutes and hey presto you have a Qld license....and they don't keep your UK one.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home...river_licence/
Old May 17th 2008, 9:22 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
Hi
Can anybody tell me whats involved and is it true that you have to sit a theory test?, some say yes and some say you dont??, (or is my info out of date)

Is it okay if you still have the old style paper licence or will I need to get the new UK photo card one?, what info do you have to take with you and do they hang on to your UK licence?

really greatful for some info ladies and gentlemen

Thanks very much
Mate, little tip - don't post the same thread all over the place! One forum per thread is enough!!

Answer to your question - take your UK license in to QLD TPT office, pay fee and voila! Bob's your uncle!

Oh, you'll need proof of your Aus address and you get to keep your UK license.
Old May 17th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone