Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

changing euros into australian $ ???

changing euros into australian $ ???

Old May 8th 2005, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

blurain is an unknown quantity at this point
Question changing euros into australian $ ???

please i need advice.
is it better to change euros when i arrive at australia or to change euros at my home country.
at the moment i cane get 1.65$ for 1 euro in my country
thanks
Old May 8th 2005, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Default Re: changing euros into australian $ ???

Originally Posted by blurain
please i need advice.
is it better to change euros when i arrive at australia or to change euros at my home country.
at the moment i cane get 1.65$ for 1 euro in my country
thanks

which country as the last time we checked via online currency converter it was $A1.75 to the Euro ?
Old May 8th 2005, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

blurain is an unknown quantity at this point

i live in serbia and here is 1.65$ for 1 euro.
i think maybe it will be better if i change my money in australia.maybe i can get there 1.75$ for 1 euro.but i dont know how much i must pay for that exchange in australia
Old May 9th 2005, 12:38 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Hello

Are you talking a sizable amount or just a tourist amount? If it's a small amount you probably wont get much more than 1.65 wherever you do it. If it's a large anount then you can try someone like HIFX http://www.hifx.co.uk/ who will give you a better rate (although I'm not sure you can use them if you don't have a UK address - if they don't, ask them if they can recommend someone).

Regards
Alistair

Last edited by kirsty&al; May 9th 2005 at 1:33 pm.
Old May 9th 2005, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

You can use HIFX outside of the Uk. The Australian Dollar is a very volatile currency and changes every couple of minutes. The daily rate is $ 1.657 - Euro 1. at the moment. It has been about two momths since the $ was as high as 1.75. With Australia not increasing their interest rates last week you may find that you will get a better rate in a few weeks as the markets stabalise.