Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

changing cash from £ to $

changing cash from £ to $

Old Jan 3rd 2004, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Try osforex.com.au

Peter
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

It works better if you spell it ozforex.com.au
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i think the post office do free transactions and have pretty good rates, i would change it sooner rather than later because the dollar is gaining all the time.

My wife was queueing in a Post Office so I idled over to their Exchange Bureau to see if they would exchange a largeish sum. This was a main post office and they gave me the bug eyes as if I was insane. (Many people do this, but I think this was because they hadn't ever handled sums in the thousands and they would need to make special collection arrangements.)

I'd go with the ATM idea and take some travellers cheques for disasters. If you're going for a couple of weeks you could use spare cash to open up an Oz account to get you started.
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally posted by lesleys
It works better if you spell it ozforex.com.au

Yep - works a lot better - doh

My bad. I must remember not to rely on my memory - or something like that

Peter
Old Jan 5th 2004, 4:25 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sterling Vs Dollar?

Originally posted by floordekor
Does anyone reckon we going to see the pound worth $2.80 again ???
Paul
Yep. That's pretty much a certainty (unless UK joins the EUR first!)

But, timing is all.

I reckon you might see $2.80 within about 3 years.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 4:31 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Yep. That's pretty much a certainty (unless UK joins the EUR first!)

But, timing is all.

I reckon you might see $2.80 within about 3 years.
Can I hold you to that prediction

Trying to decide when to cash in my Premium Bonds !!
or maybe i'll just leave them, and keep my fingers crossed that I win the million

Old Jan 5th 2004, 4:49 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ABCDiamond

or maybe i'll just leave them, and keep my fingers crossed that I win the million
I think the key is contextual.

1. GBP - what's going to happen to the US and major European economies? Will Labour get re-elected? Will immigration continue at current levels? Interest rates? Inflation?

2. AUD - will immigration continue at current levels? Will rising interest rates elsewhere make AUD less attractive? Economy and regional influences? US economy. China.

I see AUD getting a bit stronger (vs GBP) for the next few months, maybe even all next year. Rising UK interest rates will prop up the GBP (vs a basket of currencies) but we really need to see some UK structural changes to ward off some quite big falls in the value of the pound (just look at the current account!) No telling what might happen if Phoney Tony gets dumped or 'elevated' out of the way and Labour sniff a real election fight (don't laugh, that Howard is no monkey and might just go for the nuclear option, eg getting together with Liberal Democrats and only putting forward one candidate in a number of seats).
Old Jan 5th 2004, 11:50 pm
ABCDiamond

I've just decided to leave the Premium Bonds where they are,

I just won £50 in the January Draw

Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just decided to leave the Premium Bonds where they are,

I just won £50 in the January Draw

The beers are on you then! I sold all my bonds prior to getting here. I had about £3,000 in premium bonds and averaged a £50 cheque every 3 months or so. This gave a better rate of return that any bank or building society!

Like the lottery.....I was always hoping.....it might be you!

Steve
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:20 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

'No telling what might happen if Phoney Tony gets dumped or 'elevated' out of the way and Labour sniff a real election fight (don't laugh, that Howard is no monkey and might just go for the nuclear option, eg getting together with Liberal Democrats and only putting forward one candidate in a number of seats).'

Michael Howard as Prime Minister. Scary.
THAT would be a reason to emigrate

:scared:

G
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:07 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Grayling
'No telling what might happen if Phoney Tony gets dumped or 'elevated' out of the way and Labour sniff a real election fight (don't laugh, that Howard is no monkey and might just go for the nuclear option, eg getting together with Liberal Democrats and only putting forward one candidate in a number of seats).'

Michael Howard as Prime Minister. Scary.
THAT would be a reason to emigrate

:scared:

G
NO Tony Blair is the reason to emigrate, all the rest could not be as bad.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

tetley101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DavidT
NO Tony Blair is the reason to emigrate, all the rest could not be as bad.

i have just been reading one of the leading banks predictions for 2004 .... gbp aud 2.90 by quarter 2!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:31 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by tetley
i have just been reading one of the leading banks predictions for 2004 .... gbp aud 2.90 by quarter 2!!!

I'd buy at that deffo
Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tetley
Well here's one punter who will keep his fingers crossed for that prediction! Which was the bank?

Steve
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

tetley101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cookies
Well here's one punter who will keep his fingers crossed for that prediction! Which was the bank?

Steve
it was CLSA asian markets review

they actually forecast 3 for the end of q3 and recession for oz economy

i didn't want people to get too excited

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.