Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Changing address to Oz - negative reactions?

Changing address to Oz - negative reactions?

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

bigdave764 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing address to Oz - negative reactions?

I have just set up a 12 month mail redirection from our old UK address to our new address near Sydney (good value for £71).

Royal Mail offered to let companies know our new address as a free service, which would avoid me having to write 60+ letters to various organisations.

Before I commit to this, I would like to know if anyone has had a negative reaction from a UK organisation when they have informed them of a change of address to Australia? Are UK financial institutions general happy to start sending statements etc to Australia?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing address to Oz - negative reactions?

My bank has never had any trouble sending me statements or my debit cards, my professional association still sends statements and publications here without demur. Just my experience.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:46 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changing address to Oz - negative reactions?

Yes, all of ours were fine with the change of address, new cards, statements etc arrive without any problems.

I don't like the idea of financial and personal mail sitting in an flimsy mail box outside the house so all the important stuff goes to our Oz Post Office mail box. Makes it easier when moving around within the country too as you don't have to keep changing your mailing address every time, or remembering to have your mail held back when on holiday.