Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Changed My Piccie - World Cup Fever?

Wikiposts

Changed My Piccie - World Cup Fever?

Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:21 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changed My Piccie - World Cup Fever?

Ok with all the Scots and Welsh on this site - not to mention the few English, thought I would show my colours for the World Cup coming up.

Made all the more exiting for me as I have managed to get some tickets for the Ireland Romania Game Oct 11. The Argentina and Australia Games were out for me because of location.

Just thought I would mention one of the high spots of being in Aus -

Cheers
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:43 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Changed My Piccie - World Cup Fever?

Originally posted by Sandra
Ok with all the Scots and Welsh on this site - not to mention the few English, thought I would show my colours for the World Cup coming up.

Made all the more exiting for me as I have managed to get some tickets for the Ireland Romania Game Oct 11. The Argentina and Australia Games were out for me because of location.

Cheers
Lets hope the Argis give the Aussies a pounding in the first game eh

Boy would I love that !!!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:52 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Shame you couldn't have the beer next to it aswell, ready for the celebration.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:56 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
Lets hope the Argis give the Aussies a pounding in the first game eh

Boy would I love that !!!
That would make my Friday Night! But I can only say that on this site. I do not want to get lynched before I get to see my team. I wore my new Rugby Shirt in (got it for my birthday). And every Aussie I met, including the train ticket guy gave me grief for wearing the wrong colour green with no yellow - got a bit sick of the joke by the end of the day.

Husband will be cheering for England, Kids I think want Aus to do well - me I put my money where my heart is and bet on 1/33 Ireland - they have better odds than Wales and Scotland?

Must be that third in the World Ranking - bit baffling?
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:01 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

That would make my Friday Night! But I can only say that on this site. I do not want to get lynched before I get to see my team. I wore my new Rugby Shirt in (got it for my birthday). And every Aussie I met, including the train ticket guy gave me grief for wearing the wrong colour green with no yellow - got a bit sick of the joke by the end of the day.

Husband will be cheering for England, Kids I think want Aus to do well - me I put my money where my heart is and bet on 1/33 Ireland - they have better odds than Wales and Scotland?

Must be that third in the World Ranking - bit baffling?

Ireland have a good team, and i reckon they will do well in the WC...

Is a bit of a tough draw for you guys though, with Australia and Argentina in your group. They should both not be discounted. Good luck to you though Sandra.....yours in the team i will be rooting for in pool A.

Ireland have been doing well of late, which probably accounts for your odds.

Your results this yr....

06 Sep 2003 Ireland vs Scotland 29-10
30 Aug 2003 Ireland vs Italy 61-6
16 Aug 2003 Ireland vs Wales 35-12
20 Jun 2003 Ireland vs Samoa 40-14
14 Jun 2003 Ireland vs Tonga 40-19
07 Jun 2003 Ireland vs Australia 16-45
30 Mar 2003 Ireland vs England 6-42
22 Mar 2003 Ireland vs Wales 25-24
08 Mar 2003 Ireland vs France 15-12
22 Feb 2003 Ireland vs Italy 37-13
16 Feb 2003 Ireland vs Scotland 36-6
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:10 pm
Gone Senile Member

I was smarting a bit being over here after the Aus match in June....that was very very painful.

I have printed out the World Rankings - but not putting it up on desk until after Friday 10th Match - hopefully with a big smilies attached!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 1:51 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Cheers
22 Mar 2003 Ireland vs Wales 25-24 ... we were robbed! I listened to that game via the Beeb website... bl**dy ref! bl**dy extra time!lol

I have tickets to both quarters here in Brisbane
maybe an English v Welsh match (quarter 4)
and Aus V Scotland (quarter 2) .. but I'll be selling the Aus ones. I've already decided to sell them before their game with Ireland ... because if Ireland beat Aus .. argh I'm going to have a hard job selling my quarter final 2 here.

The match is sold out here because all the Aussies have bought them thinking that it will be an Australian v Scotland quarter.... I'm not too sure. It could be Ireland up here.

Bring it on.... I'll have to get my singing voice in gear, can't let the welsh down (you'd laugh if you heard my singing... not all welsh can sing!)

Anyway good luck

Oooh I can't wait .. I feel a song coming on "la la la la" "dum dee dah".... "Wele goelcerth wen yn fflamio
A thafodau tân yn bloeddio, Ar i'r dewrion ddod i daro
Unwaith eto'n un, Gan fanllefau tywysogion
Llais gelynion, trwst arfogion
A charlamiad y marchogion
Craig ar graig a g ryn.Arfon byth ni orfydd
Cenir yn dragywydd
Cymru fydd fel Cymru fu
Yn glodfawr ym mysg gwledydd.
Yng ngwyn oleuni'r goelcerth acw
Tros wefusau Cymro'n marw
Annibyniaeth sydd yn galw
Am ei dewraf ddyn."
:scared: Max boyce eat your heart out
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 1:59 pm
Gone Senile Member

I will live in hope we could be winners of Pool A

But I will not offer to buy the tickets for that match - more likely we get runner up position in Pool A, which will be the Melbourne game.

Hopefully I will regret this decision

In order to get the quarter final tickets didn't you have to buy the pool games - did you manage to sell those? I saw people had to buy other pool matchs in Perth to see the England S Africa one.

I am getting excited now - roll on next Friday.

Cheers
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:15 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I will live in hope we could be winners of Pool A

But I will not offer to buy the tickets for that match - more likely we get runner up position in Pool A, which will be the Melbourne game.

Hopefully I will regret this decision

In order to get the quarter final tickets didn't you have to buy the pool games - did you manage to sell those? I saw people had to buy other pool matchs in Perth to see the England S Africa one.

I am getting excited now - roll on next Friday.

Cheers
I bough the England v Uruguay match (they were only $15 each) for a chance to buy the quarter I was after (there was a draw system). I wasn't drawn to buy them... but earlier this year the people who bought pool matches were given first choice to buy the tickets when more where released, before they went on sale to all the general public. Hence a lot of these tickets are sold out.. people who bought pool matches had first choice of buying the prime matches.

Quarter two (Aus or Ireland v Scotland) are all sold out now , but you can still buy quarter 4 (England v Wales maybe) from ticketek .

The England Uruguay match tickets .. I'm selling to an English salesman for cost. If he changes his mind.. I'll just have to go and watch the game myself and cheer on Uruguay ..lol

Quarter 2 I'll be selling too (I had to buy them at the time because they were sold with quarter 4 the match I wanted)

I've also got spare tickets to quarter 4 (I bought c tickets... then I thought b*gger this.. I want some better seats.. so I went and bought some B tickets as well)

I've got tickets coming out of my ears.. lol.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Oct 2nd 2003 at 2:17 pm.