Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Change in Medicals ??

Change in Medicals ??

Old May 3rd 2005, 4:20 pm
FVC
Forum Regular

FVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the rough
Default Change in Medicals ??

We were asked to proceed with our medicals for my husbands 457 application, however, have now been told to hold fire as the procedure has changed in April 05.

Is anyone else aware of any changes?
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Change in Medicals ??

We were told that the meds were becoming more in depth, now looking for more things in your blood etc. I just hope that you are not going to NZ, there checks have shot up in price and some medical exams you really don't want :scared:
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:55 pm
FVC
Forum Regular

FVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by karenjc
We were told that the meds were becoming more in depth, now looking for more things in your blood etc. I just hope that you are not going to NZ, there checks have shot up in price and some medical exams you really don't want :scared:

Thanks, no we are hopefully going to Sydney.

Fiona
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:47 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenjc
The nurse was telling us about the new NZ meds last week when we had our Oz ones. It's going to get pretty expensive to get to NZ unless you are in perfect health. I don't really understand why they are trying to make it so much harder to get into NZ
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:49 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FVC
We were asked to proceed with our medicals for my husbands 457 application, however, have now been told to hold fire as the procedure has changed in April 05.

As far as I am aware you only need an xray for a 457 but not sure if this applies to the children (if you have any) We did ours last month (April) and didn't need a medical. Got visa last week. Whole process only took about 3 weeks.
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:30 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FVC

Did our meds last week for a 136, not told of any changes.
We are with GO MATILDA and they have always been very on the ball so don't know if its changes for 457 only.

Kevin
Old May 4th 2005, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

caz41 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FVC

Hi

We are on husbands 457, we and 2 children had to to have xrays, and children all had to have medical.

Are now in the process for ens so all had to have medicals, the doctor at the medical did say there were changes in the medicals for NZ.