British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Chances of getting away with it ?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/chances-getting-away-269979/)

MrTroll Dec 3rd 2004 5:08 am

Chances of getting away with it ??

A crazy one, but please, I'd like to know me chances ?

Here is the situation.

I would love to go live in Australia. I have no skills in demand, relatives in Australia, or basically anything that will let me go live out there.

I have a friend who owns a Car Repair firm. He is happy to say I work there as a Mechanic, and have worked there for as long as I want him to say. He will say I've done an apprenticeship & loads and loads of training there. He is happy to take phone calls, or answer letters to say all the above is true.

I obviously have no qualifications as a Mechanic, but from what I've read some people can get a positive TRA (or whoever for mechanics) without qualifications, relying solely on 'experience'.

I am under the impression if this crazy plan was to ever work, I would not actually be tied down and told I had to work as a Carpenter once there, so could go sell Maccy D hamburgers & chips for a living ;)

I would love to hear if anybody thinks this could actually work, and if not, when would the first hurdle be hit ??????

Thank you please

MrTroll

mlbonner Dec 3rd 2004 5:12 am

Re: Chances of getting away with it ??

Originally Posted by MrTroll

Here is the situation.

I would love to go live in Australia. I have no skills in demand, relatives in Australia, or basically anything that will let me go live out there.

I have a friend who owns a Car Repair firm. He is happy to say I work there as a Mechanic, and have worked there for as long as I want him to say. He will say I've done an apprenticeship & loads and loads of training there. He is happy to take phone calls, or answer letters to say all the above is true.

I obviously have no qualifications as a Mechanic, but from what I've read some people can get a positive TRA (or whoever for mechanics) without qualifications, relying solely on 'experience'.

I am under the impression if this crazy plan was to ever work, I would not actually be tied down and told I had to work as a Carpenter once there, so could go sell Maccy D hamburgers & chips for a living ;)

I would love to hear if anybody thinks this could actually work, and if not, when would the first hurdle be hit ??????

Thank you please

MrTroll

Now why would someone call themselves MrTroll & then ask a question like that?? I think you already know the answer!

MrTroll Dec 3rd 2004 5:16 am

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Now why would someone call themselves MrTroll & then ask a question like that?? I think you already know the answer!

awwwwww go on!!! ........ tell me where it falls down ?

mlbonner Dec 3rd 2004 5:17 am

awwwwww go on!!! ........ tell me where it falls down ?

Well a carpenter can't fix cars for a start! :)

bondipom Dec 3rd 2004 5:41 am

Here is the situation.

Thank you please

MrTroll

Get a flight to Bali and find a kind people smuggler who will take you on a boat here. You can then find work fruit picking and enjoy the outdoors lifestyle.

Pollyana Dec 3rd 2004 8:31 am

At least he admits to being a troll! That eliminates four oages of "is he" "isn't he".
Bit like being an alcoholic I guess, "I am Mr Troll" he announces, at the inaugural meeting of Trolls Anonymous :D :D

ABCDiamond Dec 3rd 2004 8:48 am

I reckon he would get in OK, as long as he didn't mention the "Carpenter" bit :D

I can understand him wanting to hide his true identity on here though :)

Pollyana Dec 3rd 2004 9:00 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I reckon he would get in OK, as long as he didn't mention the "Carpenter" bit :D

I can understand him wanting to hide his true identity on here though :)

What! With all of us lovely friendly people around.........baying for blood like a pack of wolves..... :D

moneypenny20 Dec 3rd 2004 9:04 am

You never know, he could be straight up :rolleyes: might not know the meaning of Troll :rolleyes: and want a serious answer :rolleyes: oh well, never mind ;)

madsad Dec 3rd 2004 9:12 am

This actually angers me, :mad: as so many genuine people are getting TRA fails at the moment & to think that a rat may find a way in purely through lies is a kick in the gut to everbody fighting to pass.

Donna.

moneypenny20 Dec 3rd 2004 9:23 am

Originally Posted by madsad
This actually angers me, :mad: as so many genuine people are getting TRA fails at the moment & to think that a rat may find a way in purely through lies is a kick in the gut to everbody fighting to pass.

Donna.

There have been a lot of fails lately, haven't there. Would it have anything to do with the yearly quota of visas. I don't know when the year starts and finishes visa wise :confused: Or are they very separate.

BTW don't bother getting angry cos obviously that's what the prawn wants.

YFitz Dec 3rd 2004 9:28 am

Originally Posted by madsad

Donna.

Surely TRA won't pass him just on the word of one bloke. If he had done an apprenticeship wouldn't there be paperwork not to mention payslips, tax etc. I haven't dealt with tra but i would have thought they must need some evidence otherwise everyone would be doing this....

Bix Dec 3rd 2004 9:46 am

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Well a carpenter can't fix cars for a start! :)

Ere naw that's wher you is wrung see me luvver cos we ad our cars fixed by the local chippy. How else we keep er on the rawd. Ain't any coopers round anymore see. Mind yu we wuz a bit be'ind times down in Cornwall.

prawncracker Dec 3rd 2004 10:18 am

Hi
Been reading this at work today - made overtime more bearable!!!! I've been lurking on this site for a while as I only discovered it after emigrating when a colleague showed it to me (fellow expat although they've been here years!) Don't really see the point of what this guy is on about, surely the actual idea itself is highly suspect and illegal? Also found it baffling that they used the terminology 'troll' as that was their first post - admitedly I'm using it too but I've been on this site for a couple of months now and there have been a few on here so I recognise the term :) - they don't acknowledge this though...can only assume it is a disgruntled person who failed in their own TRA application - dont like the way they are making a mockery of the process though as it was hard work to get here and get a visa. I'm sure you all know what I mean
Read on another post that new people aren't really meant to come on here and criticise but hey it's just wound me up today so sorry about that
Hope to meet up with some of you in the future and share a few beers
Jim

Lucyemma5 Dec 3rd 2004 10:25 am

Originally Posted by prawncracker
Hi
Been reading this at work today - made overtime more bearable!!!! I've been lurking on this site for a while as I only discovered it after emigrating when a colleague showed it to me (fellow expat although they've been here years!) Don't really see the point of what this guy is on about, surely the actual idea itself is highly suspect and illegal? Also found it baffling that they used the terminology 'troll' as that was their first post - admitedly I'm using it too but I've been on this site for a couple of months now and there have been a few on here so I recognise the term :) - they don't acknowledge this though...can only assume it is a disgruntled person who failed in their own TRA application - dont like the way they are making a mockery of the process though as it was hard work to get here and get a visa. I'm sure you all know what I mean
Read on another post that new people aren't really meant to come on here and criticise but hey it's just wound me up today so sorry about that
Hope to meet up with some of you in the future and share a few beers
Jim

It would be interesting though to see if he was spotted, if he is prepared to risk A$500, then thats up to him. I would laugh my tits off if he passed.

prawncracker Dec 3rd 2004 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Lucyemma5
It would be interesting though to see if he was spotted, if he is prepared to risk A$500, then thats up to him. I would laugh my tits off if he passed.

Well, if he were to pass then I think it'll make a mockery of the entire system.
This fool should maybe understand that there are alot of hard working professional people out here that have spent a year and a half waiting to get to Oz - well if he's for real of course! Sounds to me like someone who's recently failed to get to Oz and thinks it might be funny to stir up trouble calling themselves troll. Come on cat person, out yourself you fool!

mlbonner Dec 3rd 2004 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Ere naw that's wher you is wrung see me luvver cos we ad our cars fixed by the local chippy. How else we keep er on the rawd. Ain't any coopers round anymore see. Mind yu we wuz a bit be'ind times down in Cornwall.

Awww geee shucks.... I stand corrected ;)

Lucyemma5 Dec 3rd 2004 10:56 am

Well, if he were to pass then I think it'll make a mockery of the entire system.
This fool should maybe understand that there are alot of hard working professional people out here that have spent a year and a half waiting to get to Oz - well if he's for real of course! Sounds to me like someone who's recently failed to get to Oz and thinks it might be funny to stir up trouble calling themselves troll. Come on cat person, out yourself you fool!

Come on chill out. I was one of the people who failed TRA 1st time and had to send my pound of flesh to get a positive result which took 10 months. I has cost us thousands to get this far, but if somebody wants to take his chances, that's up to him.

prawncracker Dec 3rd 2004 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Lucyemma5
Come on chill out. I was one of the people who failed TRA 1st time and had to send my pound of flesh to get a positive result which took 10 months. I has cost us thousands to get this far, but if somebody wants to take his chances, that's up to him.

A find your attitude very bizarre and immature. I presume Mr Troll is a fake of course but it got me thinking about the possibility of his success. Don't mean to offend you Lucybemma5, just feel quite stongly that Dimia have a very important and responsible job to to and if idiots like this were to get in.......!
We spent many months getting to Oz and respect the Oz government and culture and love it here - why let morons like him in to Australia?

As I said, your response is very immature.
Jim

cadman Dec 3rd 2004 11:40 am

As I said, your response is very immature.
Jim

that's 2 people you've critisised already Jim in only 1 post ! :p

Grayling Dec 3rd 2004 11:44 am

Originally Posted by cadman

Maybe only ONE OTHER person ;)

G

steandleigh Dec 3rd 2004 11:46 am

troll...prawn...troll...prawn...HMmmmmm........

prawncracker Dec 3rd 2004 11:46 am

Can you comment on the topic? That would be constructive!

I refuse to support individuals who blatently cheat and also refuse to support others who feel that cheating is acceptable.
Jim

cadman Dec 3rd 2004 11:52 am

Can you comment on the topic? That would be constructive!

I refuse to support individuals who blatently cheat and also refuse to support others who feel that cheating is acceptable.
Jim

Comment?...........hmmmmmmm let me see.....

Good luck to him / her, someones gotta serve me my macdonalds right? ;)

prawncracker Dec 3rd 2004 12:01 pm

Comment?...........hmmmmmmm let me see.....

Good luck to him / her, someones gotta serve me my macdonalds right? ;)

I said comment sensibly on the topic, not become a prat overnight. I think it's a Him - the title Mr troll tends to give that away. Doh! :)

DollyDaydream Dec 3rd 2004 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
Maybe only ONE OTHER person ;)

G

You know, reading this thread I felt exactly the same but how twisted if it is one and the same... I mean what a life this plonker must have if all he's trying to do is to get a rise out of people (and not done particularly well either). I could understand if he'd accomplished in his quest, but deary me, he gives trolls a bad name. I'd hang my troll head in shame if I were him.

D D

sloake Dec 3rd 2004 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
You know, reading this threa I felt exactly the same but how twisted if it is one and the same... I mean what a life this plonker must have if all he's trying to do is to get a rise out of people (and not done particularly well either). I could understand if he'd accomplished in his quest, but deary me, he gives trolls a bad name. I'd hang my troll head in shame if I were him.

D D

Where have all the good trolls gone.. in my day they were a lot better than the sad cats we have here.. :D

Lucyemma5 Dec 3rd 2004 12:15 pm

I said comment sensibly on the topic, not become a prat overnight. I think it's a Him - the title Mr troll tends to give that away. Doh! :)

Calm down. I am only worried about MY application, I couldn't give a toss about anyone else's. If I can help someone else in a similar situation as myself, I will do all I can. As far as I am concerned, if you have the balls to do it, fair play. Let me ask you this:

Is it fair that nepatism is rife in a lot of corporations, the boss's son/daughter that is just out of nappies gets the top job?

Is it fair that the person who sits next to you in school and copies your work, gets a better grade than you?

I could go on and on. As far as I am concerned to get on in life and get what you want you have to do a bit of blagging. If you are downright deceitful and hurt others in the process, that is not on, and I am sure Mr Troll would get found out straight away. If not, so what? how is he hurting you? If you say, "well he is making a mockery out of the process", that's your view and you are entitled to it, I could't give a toss either way. I am far from immature as you suggest, I am a realist.

Jonahs_mummy Dec 3rd 2004 12:21 pm

hi there

There is no need to be like that... I understand your dilemma & how angry it can make you ( as I am one of the people rejected by TRA ) but there is no reason to start being in peoples faces. If this idiot troll person decides he wants to be a d**khead and try to get into Australia by trying to fool the authorities, he obviously doesn't realise what sort of trouble he will get into because they will find out.....

This kind of thing shouldn't really be discussed in here but in the Immigration Forums....... just kick back, relax and as you have been advised already... take a chill pill. Let him make his own mistakes - don't let it bother you this much!

C
xxx

prawncracker Dec 3rd 2004 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by sloake
Where have all the good trolls gone.. in my day they were a lot better than the sad cats we have here.. :D

So you like trolls! Tell that to the mod as I'm sure you'll help prevent this Mr troll fool from being banned! Well done? :confused:

Please, and seriously.......

Please can you comment on the original comment from Mr. Troll. What are your thoughts? Is his attitude correct? Would you be happy if he succeeded when you were still at home in Blighty? Forget all your silliness and lets have mature answers here.
Personally, I'm peeved that such loopholes could exist.
Jim

Deadmeat Dec 3rd 2004 12:29 pm

Standards have dropped, I blame the TV and short attention spans.

sloake Dec 3rd 2004 12:30 pm

So you like trolls! Tell that to the mod as I'm sure you'll help prevent this Mr troll fool from being banned! Well done? :confused:

Please, and seriously.......

Please can you comment on the original comment from Mr. Troll. What are your thoughts? Is his attitude correct? Would you be happy if he succeeded when you were still at home in Blighty? Forget all your silliness and lets have mature answers here.
Personally, I'm peeved that such loopholes could exist.
Jim

If Mr Troll wants to chance his luck.. up to him.. he aint bothering or effecting me...

Hopefully he will fail, but if he doesnt I aint going to lose any sleep over it.

As for liking Trolls, No I am not a massive fan, its especially annoying when you get a load of Cats here who keep changing their names..

prawncracker Dec 3rd 2004 12:36 pm

If Mr Troll wants to chance his luck.. up to him.. he aint bothering or effecting me...

Hopefully he will fail, but if he doesnt I aint going to lose any sleep over it.

As for liking Trolls, No I am not a massive fan, its especially annoying when you get a load of Cats here who keep changing their names..

Ok I hope he'll fail too but surely his success will affect someone else? They have quptas and if he appears to be mor appealing than you?

Sorry but it really pi**** me off! And by the way, I hate those pesky cats too! As I said earlier, out yourself Mr Troll cat.

sloake Dec 3rd 2004 12:45 pm

Ok I hope he'll fail too but surely his success will affect someone else? They have quptas and if he appears to be mor appealing than you?

Sorry but it really pi**** me off! And by the way, I hate those pesky cats too! As I said earlier, out yourself Mr Troll cat.

his actions will P***s a lot of people off, however getting yourself this worked up over it, isnt going to solve the problem. Its just going to make you worked up.

I believe in Karma, what goes around, comes around.. he'll get his...

BTW, trust me, there are loads more people more appealing than me in many ways..learnt to live with it... :D (anyway already got my PR)

Deadmeat Dec 3rd 2004 12:47 pm

Trying to be too bad
Trying to talk too tough
Trying to jack the lad
You'd think he'd had enough

But he's not the man you'd think that he can be
I just don't know why you can't see
That he is only the imposter
That he is only the imposter

prawncracker Dec 3rd 2004 12:51 pm

his actions will P***s a lot of people off, however getting yourself this worked up over it, isnt going to solve the problem. Its just going to make you worked up.

I believe in Karma, what goes around, comes around.. he'll get his...

BTW, trust me, there are loads more people more appealing than me in many ways..learnt to live with it... :D (anyway already got my PR)

Ok I suppose you're right - I'm in Oz but hate unfairness that's all. Think I'll have a cold beer and keep quiet for a while! You speak alot of sense :beer:

Chil out and count to ten time! :)
Thanks!

scottyboy Dec 3rd 2004 12:51 pm

Here is the situation.

Thank you please

MrTroll

Hay Mr Troll.

Firstly welcome to the forum. Good to have you aboard.
You'll find this forum a hotbed of discussion, tips, help and advice and it won't be long before you see everyone as family. I know I do.
The fact you have no quallifications, experience, relatives or indeed anything that the Australian immigration department may find atractive could be seen as a negative I am afraid to say.
After reading your post in a little more detail, I see that you have a friend that owns a car repair firm. This my friend is your golden ticket.
If you look in booklet 6 under "People who have got a mate in Oz" you will find Mechanics friend to be on the "Mates In Demand List" or "MIDL".
Australia is screeming out for people that know someone there as there is such a shortage of them.
The good news is that you don't have to take the standard route with your visa application.
Simply ring the Australian Prime Minister directly (reverse charges of course) and tell him about your mate and you should be an Australian resident this side of Christmas.
I'm flying over in a couple of weeks time and your very welcome to come along as I have a spare seat in my microlite.
It would make my trip kinda special.....Mmmmmmm.

Scotty.

sloake Dec 3rd 2004 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by scottyboy
Hay Mr Troll.

You'll find this forum a hotbed of discussion, tips, help and advice and it won't be long before you see everyone as family. I know I do.
The fact you have no quallifications, experience, relatives or indeed anything that the Australian immigration department may find atractive could be seen as a negative I am afraid to say.
After reading your post in a little more detail, I see that you have a friend that owns a car repair firm. This my friend is your golden ticket.
If you look in booklet 6 under "People who have got a mate in Oz" you will find Mechanics friend to be on the "Mates In Demand List" or "MIDL".
Australia is screeming out for people that know someone there as there is such a shortage of them.
The good news is that you don't have to take the standard route with your visa application.
Simply ring the Australian Prime Minister directly (reverse charges of course) and tell him about your mate and you should be an Australian resident this side of Christmas.
I'm flying over in a couple of weeks time and your very welcome to come along as I have a spare seat in my microlite.

Scotty.

Fantastic... :D :D :D :D

Lucyemma5 Dec 3rd 2004 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by scottyboy
Hay Mr Troll.

Scotty.

Ha ha, I LMAO, good on you!

moneypenny20 Dec 3rd 2004 1:04 pm

Forget all your silliness and lets have mature answers here.

I know you are new and that but asking for mature answers on here on a Friday is just asking for trouble.

I might be imagining things but in an earlier post I mentioned original poster was a prawn and then along come another one to get shirty - coincidence I wonder :rolleyes: