Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

certifying quals help plz!!!!

certifying quals help plz!!!!

Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

davyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the rough
Default certifying quals help plz!!!!

Im ready to get all my quals certified, solicitors are expensive and so are my local courts (have enquired to both)
could the principal of my local college of further education certify my quals? i understand the person has to be a "notary public" would a college principal fall under this category????
please help i cant afford the solicitors fee's just yet and am desperate to "get the ball rolling"
Peace n that
Dave
Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

The Muppets is just really niceThe Muppets is just really niceThe Muppets is just really niceThe Muppets is just really niceThe Muppets is just really niceThe Muppets is just really niceThe Muppets is just really niceThe Muppets is just really niceThe Muppets is just really niceThe Muppets is just really niceThe Muppets is just really nice
Default Re: certifying quals help plz!!!!

Originally Posted by davyboy
Im ready to get all my quals certified, solicitors are expensive and so are my local courts (have enquired to both)
could the principal of my local college of further education certify my quals? i understand the person has to be a "notary public" would a college principal fall under this category????
please help i cant afford the solicitors fee's just yet and am desperate to "get the ball rolling"
Peace n that
Dave
Hi Dave, I don't see why not, we took ours up to the local post office and the Post master witnessed and signed them for us. Never had it questioned and got the visa!

Good luck Jon and Rachel
Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:30 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: certifying quals help plz!!!!

Not sure about your quals, however when I had mine checked I required a list of all the subjects studied, the % pass mark and the year qualified. This info HAD to be signed off by a Notary Public [he took copies of the original transcript and stamped /dated & signed the copy]

I did ask the same question of my agent, and he said only a Notary Public could sign. I have however heard of others on here who said a solicitor will do...however not heard of college principals being able to do it

Perhaps the best thing to do is ask an agent or maybe ask this on the immigration forum?

Good luck.....and good luck with the visa