Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Certifying copies

Wikiposts

Certifying copies

Old Jan 24th 2006, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice
Default Re: Certifying copies

Originally Posted by scorpiogray
a justice of the peace will do it for free as many docs as u need.

I live in glasgow and one sits in the city of chambers. i found out this information by contacting my local court. you could do the same and that will save you a few £s the whole thing is expensive enough without paying lawyers aswell
GOOD LUCK WITH EVERTHING

MELX

This is the first time i have been able to reply and have something helpful to say i feel quite chuffed
Cheers for this. Glad you're chuffed Ain't paying lawyers if I can help it. As you say, expensive enough as it is!!
Old Jan 30th 2006, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice
Smile Re: Certifying copies

Originally Posted by andicee
Cheers for this. Glad you're chuffed Ain't paying lawyers if I can help it. As you say, expensive enough as it is!!
Right, it appears I WAS misinformed and the prison officer can only do it igf he is also a police officer. Won't do for DIMIA tho, only TRA. Sooo, I rang a solicitor who said £5 per copy!! 40 copies = £200!!! Ouch. I rang the same solicitor's firm but different branch who said "sure, bring them down, I'll do the whole lot for a tenner, when do you want to bring them in?" Erm, I'll be there in 10 mins!!!! Finally ready to send my first batch of paperwork off to TRA. Hurrah
Old Jan 30th 2006, 6:14 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andicee
Right, it appears I WAS misinformed and the prison officer can only do it igf he is also a police officer. Won't do for DIMIA tho, only TRA. Sooo, I rang a solicitor who said £5 per copy!! 40 copies = £200!!! Ouch. I rang the same solicitor's firm but different branch who said "sure, bring them down, I'll do the whole lot for a tenner, when do you want to bring them in?" Erm, I'll be there in 10 mins!!!! Finally ready to send my first batch of paperwork off to TRA. Hurrah

How lucky were you. We just paid £100 for 175 sheets and 5 stat decs.

I'm pmg you.

suzy x
Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

moondust7 has a spectacular aura aboutmoondust7 has a spectacular aura aboutmoondust7 has a spectacular aura about

i've just had allof my documents certified by a solicitor friend of ours but just wondered what exactly had to be on there. he has signed his name etc and has stanmped it with the company stamp. He didn't date them though - is this ok?

thanks
Old Feb 18th 2006, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moondust7
i've just had allof my documents certified by a solicitor friend of ours but just wondered what exactly had to be on there. he has signed his name etc and has stanmped it with the company stamp. He didn't date them though - is this ok?

thanks
Well my guy dated them but not sure if it makes any difference at all. As long as his name and address are clear enough to read so that they can be checked by DIMIA, or TRA, if need be, is all that matters

Andy