Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Certifying copies

Certifying copies

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice
Default Certifying copies

Hi guys

I know the answer is here 'somewhere', but I can't find it. Need to get copies of all relevant paperwork certified, right, before sending to TRA (Skilled 136)
Also need to send some of this same paperwork off to DIMIA once I get OK from TRA (note the positive attitude )
Sooo, do I need more than one copy of this paperwork, also certified?
Does this make any sense?
22 days no fags. That's my excuse anyway

TIA

Andy
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:11 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certifying copies

Originally Posted by andicee
Hi guys

I know the answer is here 'somewhere', but I can't find it. Need to get copies of all relevant paperwork certified, right, before sending to TRA (Skilled 136)
Also need to send some of this same paperwork off to DIMIA once I get OK from TRA (note the positive attitude )

TIA

Andy
We made 5 copies of EVERYTHING just in case. Wasn't too bad as a friend is a Solicitor and certified them for us which saved us a fortune. We have had to use more than one copy of most things, although 5 might have been excessive you just never know
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by 232Bar
We made 5 copies of EVERYTHING just in case. Wasn't too bad as a friend is a Solicitor and certified them for us which saved us a fortune. We have had to use more than one copy of most things, although 5 might have been excessive you just never know
Yep, I've made loads of copies. Just wondering if they ALL have to be certified. I've a friend/neighbour who's a prison officer. He certified my passport photos for me so hopefully he can do my paperwork for me.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:27 pm
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

hi,

I got both the copys I used for my assessment and the ones I used for my application certified.

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I've made loads of copies. Just wondering if they ALL have to be certified. I've a friend/neighbour who's a prison officer. He certified my passport photos for me so hopefully he can do my paperwork for me.

A Prison Officer won't be eligible to certify your documents for you. It has to be a Solicitor, Justice of the Peace, Notary Public, Jugde.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 6:24 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys

TIA

Andy
I had two sets done:
One for my skills assessment
second of DIMIA... and thats it..
Dont waste time and money on more sets it wont help you.
Good luck
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

Our dentist did mine!!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

marie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SBUK
Our dentist did mine!!
Our police officer did ours for the TRA just wondering if he could do the ones for Dimia

marie
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marie197500
Our police officer did ours for the TRA just wondering if he could do the ones for Dimia

marie
According to the DIMIA, in the UK, copies of original documents for migration purposes should be certified by:

Solicitors
Notary Publics
Justices of the Peace
Commissioner of Oaths
Magistrates

Only in Australia can people such as Doctors and Dentists certify documents.
Better not to risk it and have your whole application returned.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

bleugh is on a distinguished road

you need TWO copies of everything, personally i'd do three, just incase

i'd get everything together and haggle the solicitor down, they usually charge around a fiver a sheet, but if you take 20 sheets there, you're in a good position to haggle them down as it's easy money they'll not turn down in a hurry!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

We had two copies of everything made and some cases 4 copies. We got them all certified at our local police station and it saved us a fortune. The poor police woman had so many to sign we felt so guilty and bought her some choccies and flowers to thank her.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:22 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LesleyM
We had two copies of everything made and some cases 4 copies. We got them all certified at our local police station and it saved us a fortune. The poor police woman had so many to sign we felt so guilty and bought her some choccies and flowers to thank her.

be very careful of who you get to sign your copies, i will put the link that contains the correct info!!!

http://www.australia.org.uk/VTI/HTML/cert.html
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amanda76
be very careful of who you get to sign your copies, i will put the link that contains the correct info!!!

http://www.australia.org.uk/VTI/HTML/cert.html
Aaarghh. More headaches. SBUK got his done by his/her dentist and I see that he's had a positive back from TRA.

George Lombard has just confirmed to me that the prison officer is OK to do it.

Has anyoe had dox sent back cos they were not certified correctly??? :scared:
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:34 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BartSimpson
I had two sets done:
One for my skills assessment
second of DIMIA... and thats it..
Dont waste time and money on more sets it wont help you.
Good luck
Forgot....
One copy done by Govt Doc
Other by GM of Nationalize Bank
- Bart
Old Jan 24th 2006, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

scorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to all

a justice of the peace will do it for free as many docs as u need.

I live in glasgow and one sits in the city of chambers. i found out this information by contacting my local court. you could do the same and that will save you a few £s the whole thing is expensive enough without paying lawyers aswell
GOOD LUCK WITH EVERTHING

MELX

This is the first time i have been able to reply and have something helpful to say i feel quite chuffed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.