Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Certifing certificates in the Milton Keynes area

Wikiposts

Certifing certificates in the Milton Keynes area

Old Jul 29th 2006, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Skilled Visas

Hi Kayc, I was reading some of your postings and noticed that you are going on a skilled visa as electronic engineering technician. My OH is hoping to do the same. Slightly unsure if electronic engineering technician is exactly the right one as it doesn't give full definition on the occupation list. OH is an electronic engineer, not sure about the technician part. Can you expand for me? How simple has it been to get your skills assessed at the engineering skills assessment place? Also in Queensland this is one of the occupations in demand so should the process be quicker. New to the forum so unsure about some of the abbreviations and terminology,sorry to be so long winded!! Thanks, Paula (PARH)
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of
Default Re: Skilled Visas

Originally Posted by parh
Hi Kayc, I was reading some of your postings and noticed that you are going on a skilled visa as electronic engineering technician. My OH is hoping to do the same. Slightly unsure if electronic engineering technician is exactly the right one as it doesn't give full definition on the occupation list. OH is an electronic engineer, not sure about the technician part. Can you expand for me? How simple has it been to get your skills assessed at the engineering skills assessment place? Also in Queensland this is one of the occupations in demand so should the process be quicker. New to the forum so unsure about some of the abbreviations and terminology,sorry to be so long winded!! Thanks, Paula (PARH)
Hi Paula,

I'm sorry I have typed the wrong occupation, we are applying as 'Electronics Engineering Technologist, number 2128-15 on the ASCO. We haven't yet sent it all off to Engineers Australia, we are in the process of gathering all the information at the moment. So fingers crossed they will accept our application.

If you look at this link:

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]?OpenDocument

you need to look at the document, it's quite long, just scroll through it until you get to the occupation you are looking for, and it will give you a more detailed description of the occupations.

Hope this helps

KayC
Old Jul 30th 2006, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Skilled Visas

Originally Posted by KayC
Hi Paula,

I'm sorry I have typed the wrong occupation, we are applying as 'Electronics Engineering Technologist, number 2128-15 on the ASCO. We haven't yet sent it all off to Engineers Australia, we are in the process of gathering all the information at the moment. So fingers crossed they will accept our application.

If you look at this link:

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]?OpenDocument

you need to look at the document, it's quite long, just scroll through it until you get to the occupation you are looking for, and it will give you a more detailed description of the occupations.

Hope this helps

KayC

Dear Kayc,
Thanks so much for reply and link, it was really useful! Slightly more confident that we on the right track! Definately considering an agent though as things are so long winded!!! Once again, thanks for your help, best wishes Paula x