Certified Original ???? Skills Assessment

Wikiposts

Certified Original ???? Skills Assessment

Old May 4th 2005, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

bleugh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Certified Original ???? Skills Assessment

Hiya

make sure you get all your docs together and certified in one go, its MUCH cheaper and quicker

you'll need at mimimum

2 sets of copies of each
passports
birth certs
qualifications (incl transcripts for me - comms engineering)

and depending on your visa you may need more than that

pop to any old local solicitor and request a bundle deal, usually they charge a fiver an item (i.e. two or three copies will still be a fiver), so haggle from there
Old May 4th 2005, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Look under 'Notary Public' in your yellow pages. Ring them and get a quote. Its money for nothing for them so they will be fairly helpful.

Its been mentioned before on this forum, but using an 'iffy' contact or friend of a friend type of thing can backfire, and the DIMIA may refuse your docs, setting you back months.

So I'd think forking out 20 or 30 squid to get it done right is the best route.

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 4th 2005, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi Ian,

Hope this helps.

In Australia, statutory declarations must be witnesses by a person authorised by the Statutory Declarations Act 1959 and Regulations. Authorised persons include, but are not limited to:
  • a bank officer with at least 5 years of continuous service
  • a full time teacher
  • a Justice of the Peace
  • a legal practitioner
  • a medical practitioner
  • a notary public
  • a pharmacist
  • a police officer

If you are outside Australia and are unable to get an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident to provide or witness a statutory declaration in support of your relationship, you may wish instead to provide supporting statements from other friends or family members. A solicitor or notary public should generally witness these supporting statements, but this requirement may differ depending on which country you are in.

Similarly for certified copies of documentation for Trade/Qualification Assessment/Verification, the copies must be certified by a person before whom a statutory declaration may be made under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959. These people include Solicitors, Justice of the Peace, Police Office, Notary, etc.

Claire
x
Good luck in trying to get a doctor to certify them for you. When I phoned my GP who has known me for years, the receptionist said he couldn't do it because he didn't have a valid passport. No problem, I say, any one of the four other GP's all know me, any one of them can do it. No, she says, none of them have valid passports ! I got the message loud and clear. In the end, walked into a solicitors office who charged me £10 to sign about 40 copies and offered to help any time. Don't you just love the service you get!!