Reload this Page >

Certified Documents

Certified Documents

Old Oct 3rd 2009, 6:33 am
Just Joined

sequal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certified Documents

Hi.

I'm applying for residency and I need to get my documents certified.

I know someone who is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, so he can do it, but I have a quick question.

I know he has to put "I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original.", sign it, his full name and put in "Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia Member number: xxxxxx", but....

Does it have to be on the front of the document or can it be on the back?? I ask as there is no room on the front of my partners birth certificate to write it all.

I ask all this because he has asked me to get all the documents ready so all he has to do is compare the original to my copy and then sign them.

Thanks

David.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 10:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified Documents

Originally Posted by sequal
Hi.

I'm applying for residency and I need to get my documents certified.

I know someone who is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, so he can do it, but I have a quick question.

I know he has to put "I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original.", sign it, his full name and put in "Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia Member number: xxxxxx", but....

Does it have to be on the front of the document or can it be on the back?? I ask as there is no room on the front of my partners birth certificate to write it all.

I ask all this because he has asked me to get all the documents ready so all he has to do is compare the original to my copy and then sign them.

Thanks

David.
Has to be on the front of the copy. Stamping and signing the back is irrelevant as there could be anything put there.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Whoever is certified to sign usually has a stamp designed for this sort of thing and they just sign on the dotted line..

We had a Solicitor do our signing the first time (actually, think it was the 2nd?) time we applied...

Our final time, I booked an appointment at the magistrates court and they did all our signing there and there.. cost me about 8 quid.. (and about 3 hours of my time waiting around, but ho hum.. it wasnt the end of the world and it got the job done)..

Em x
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 9:03 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
Whoever is certified to sign usually has a stamp designed for this sort of thing and they just sign on the dotted line..

We had a Solicitor do our signing the first time (actually, think it was the 2nd?) time we applied...

Our final time, I booked an appointment at the magistrates court and they did all our signing there and there.. cost me about 8 quid.. (and about 3 hours of my time waiting around, but ho hum.. it wasnt the end of the world and it got the job done)..

Em x
if your getting a mate to do it and they dont have a stamp you can knock one up in word ( ive attached the one i used )

so you just run you copies through your printer and get your mate to sign

ps i also typed all my mates details in the text box so all he had to do was sign each page
Attached Files
File Type: doc
certification stamp2.doc (23.5 KB, 113 views)

Last edited by steve`o; Oct 3rd 2009 at 9:11 pm. Reason: added a bit