Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Certified Documents

Certified Documents

Old Oct 4th 2006, 8:25 pm
Chris Thomas

christhomas99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Certified Documents

Can anyone give me an idea on how much it costs to has documents certified by a solicitor. We have got quite a few to have done and are a bit concerned on how much its going to cost us
Old Oct 4th 2006, 8:42 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Certified Documents

Our Solicitor charged us £50 + Vat and we had quite a Lot for her to do, She charged for her time rather than the number of documents.
Phone around a few Solicitors and get some quotes as they all differ.
Good Luck
Old Oct 4th 2006, 8:47 pm
Chris Thomas

Yeh I started today upto now none of them have come back to me...god it must be bad when it takes so long to calculate how much you can charge someone for a "I hereby Certify" and a signature eh!

Must re-train to become a solicitor...probabley get into OZ a lot easier as well!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:08 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christhomas99
Can anyone give me an idea on how much it costs to has documents certified by a solicitor. We have got quite a few to have done and are a bit concerned on how much its going to cost us
If you do a search on this forum, you will find that a lot of people (myself included) had their docs certified at a Magistrates Court for FREE. Just ring up your local and book an appointment - its part of a Judge's role to act as public notary. Some courts do charge a nominal fee but we must have had over 40 pieces of paper signed at Blackpool Magistrates - not one penny charge. I made a template to print over each scanned document copy to make it easier.... (attached)

Diane
Attached Files
File Type: doc
I certify................doc (25.5 KB, 135 views)
Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:11 pm
Chris Thomas

Talking Re: Certified Documents

Nice one I'll look into further

Chris
Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

we had ours done by a pharmacist for nothing.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

davyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the rough

owdo chris! I got all my docs certified by the principal of my local college all for the price of a bottle of bushmills single malt! bout £15.00
I do work for the college so that did help, however if you have attended your local college in the past its always worth a try!!! would have cost me over £100 as I had 64 documents needing sigs. They passed the skills assessment as i have just last week received an acceptance reply!!!! visa time now. good luck mate
Peace n that
Dave

Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:12 pm
Chris Thomas

Talking Re: Certified Documents

Congrats on that Dave, I’ve still got that to come, dreading the possibility of not passing don’t know what we’ll do if we don’t.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dianej
If you do a search on this forum, you will find that a lot of people (myself included) had their docs certified at a Magistrates Court for FREE. Just ring up your local and book an appointment - its part of a Judge's role to act as public notary. Some courts do charge a nominal fee but we must have had over 40 pieces of paper signed at Blackpool Magistrates - not one penny charge. I made a template to print over each scanned document copy to make it easier.... (attached)

Diane
Make sure you find out first, I think it depends on the area, ours wanted £8 per document I just rang up loads of local solicitors and they told me a price over the phone, ended up paying £20 in total
Old Oct 5th 2006, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Certified Documents

Ours did all our docs, witnessed statements, signed photos and copies of passport details etc (over 100 docs) for £50

One solicitor we rang quoted £8 per document!! Needless to say, they were told where to get off!!

Paula
Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:14 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

hi there chris,

we had our docs all certified by our police officer mate we sent off our TRA and it passed with no probs at all.

the cost was 4 bottles of Mcewans champion ale of which we ended up having 2 each when he came to drop the docs off, what a result.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 4:05 pm
Chris Thomas

Thumbs up Re: Certified Documents

Just been to Bolton Magistrates today cost me £25.00 for the lot (40 Docs). The only downside was some of the unsavoury characters lurking about...OH and having to swear the oath and all that in front of the JP (Very un-nerving!!)

Thanks for all your replies

Chris