Reload this Page >

Certified Document

Certified Document

Old Oct 15th 2002, 12:14 am
Just Joined

AUMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certified Document

Hi All

If I only have a certified copy of a document and not the original, and a copy needs to be presented as part of a visa application, will a photocopy of the certified copy be valid?

The problem I have is that I only have a certified copy of my birth certificate and a copy of this needs to be included with my fiance visa application.

Has anybody encountered this?

Michael
Old Oct 15th 2002, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Certified Document

Originally posted by AUMike:
Hi All

If I only have a certified copy of a document and not the original, and a copy needs to be presented as part of a visa application, will a photocopy of the certified copy be valid?

The problem I have is that I only have a certified copy of my birth certificate and a copy of this needs to be included with my fiance visa application.

Has anybody encountered this?

Michael
You don't say which country you are from.

If you need to get a british birth cert you can apply to the birth and death registar.

Kieron
Old Oct 15th 2002, 1:49 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified Document

Originally posted by AUMike:
A photocopy of the certified copy will not do.

You'll need to get yourself the original so that you can photocopy and certify that original document.

Peter