Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

certified copies of skills assessment?

certified copies of skills assessment?

Old May 25th 2006, 12:06 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default certified copies of skills assessment?

Hiya,

Did anyone get copies of their skills assessment done and certified before sending their visa application in?
Just realised I will need to fork out MORE dosh for certification if it's needed rather than just sending in the skills assessment without making copies.

*pearly*
Old May 25th 2006, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: certified copies of skills assessment?

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Hiya,

Did anyone get copies of their skills assessment done and certified before sending their visa application in?
Just realised I will need to fork out MORE dosh for certification if it's needed rather than just sending in the skills assessment without making copies.

*pearly*

Yes, I have three copies still of everything even after getting our visa.
Old May 25th 2006, 12:14 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

*pearly*
Hi Pearly, I took 3 copies of everything and got them all certified at our local magistrates court for the princely sum of £8 total

I didn't do certified copies of the handwritten application form though because I forgot! I just photocopied that part and didn't get it certified.
Old May 25th 2006, 12:17 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hi Pearly, I took 3 copies of everything and got them all certified at our local magistrates court for the princely sum of £8 total

I didn't do certified copies of the handwritten application form though because I forgot! I just photocopied that part and didn't get it certified.
Thanks guys,

Here on the Isle of Man the robbing **&^%$$!!'s want £20 per copy!!!!!! Which would be £60 for three copies of the skills assessment!
Is it any wonder I want to leave..........desperately!!!???
;o)

*pearly*
Old May 25th 2006, 12:26 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys,

Here on the Isle of Man the robbing **&^%$$!!'s want £20 per copy!!!!!! Which would be £60 for three copies of the skills assessment!
Is it any wonder I want to leave..........desperately!!!???
;o)

*pearly*
I was quoted £200 originally to have 60 pages of the TRA application certified in triplicate by a Notarary Public at a solicitors. All my Christmasses came true when I found out I could get it done for £8!
Old May 25th 2006, 1:50 pm
Tra second timer

koonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: certified copies of skills assessment?

I was quoted £200 originally to have 60 pages of the TRA application certified in triplicate by a Notarary Public at a solicitors. All my Christmasses came true when I found out I could get it done for £8!

I didn't make any copies of TRA application form will this be a problem for me? I do have copies of all the documents sent with it though..

All advice graetly appreciated..
Old May 25th 2006, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by koonyungdi
I didn't make any copies of TRA application form will this be a problem for me? I do have copies of all the documents sent with it though..

All advice graetly appreciated..
I don't know sorry! Only sent our TRA off so no idea what happens next
Old May 25th 2006, 1:57 pm
Tra second timer

koonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud of

Cheers Clippies and good luck with yours. .God I hope we don't need a copy of it..panicking now! :scared:
Old May 25th 2006, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

All the stuff you sent to the TRA gets requested again by DIMIA when you apply for your visa, then even ask for certified copies of original documents again Plus ,if you have to apply for a trade licence in Aus. (spark/plumber ect. ) then you have to apply to the TRA all over again with the stuff you already sent them to get over there in the first place!!
Old May 25th 2006, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Would like to know the answer to this also. I was just going to get the TRA assessment certified and send it for the visa application. Best to keep originals of everything just to be on the safe side.

Tracey
Old May 25th 2006, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by spaceys
Would like to know the answer to this also. I was just going to get the TRA assessment certified and send it for the visa application. Best to keep originals of everything just to be on the safe side.

Tracey
Yes keep originals unless they're specifically requested
Old May 25th 2006, 2:04 pm
Tra second timer

Originally Posted by john_w
All the stuff you sent to the TRA gets requested again by DIMIA when you apply for your visa, then even ask for certified copies of original documents again Plus ,if you have to apply for a trade licence in Aus. (spark/plumber ect. ) then you have to apply to the TRA all over again with the stuff you already sent them to get over there in the first place!!
Thanks John..I have everything apart from the form itself that we filled in..(I did a printed version and hand written version of the work experience)is this also needed? Can I just download a new form or is this too easy??
Appreciate the replies..
Old May 25th 2006, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry ..its been a while since I did my TRA (or been through so much!!) What form?
Old May 25th 2006, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koonyungdi
Thanks John..I have everything apart from the form itself that we filled in..(I did a printed version and hand written version of the work experience)is this also needed? Can I just download a new form or is this too easy??
Appreciate the replies..

We got our TRA approval April - lodged main visa 1st May - they did not require a copy of the TRA app form - only the TRA reference number you get with approval letter.

You do however need to send in another set of certified copies of your job reference letters. The only original documents the main visa requires is your Police Check letters.

This is how our Agents have organised for us - Skilled Independent Subclass 136.

Paula
Old May 25th 2006, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Lets try to clear this one up

When you are doing the TRA get 3 certified copies of everything you are going to send. Not the form, just the references, cetificates etc.

When your TRA comes back get 3 certified copies of the TRA acceptance certificate.

Send one copy of everything you sent to the TRA excluding the TRA application form with your visa application, along with the a certified copy of the TRA acceptance certificate.

Always keep the original, unless asked to send it.

Hope that helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.