Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

certified copies

Wikiposts

certified copies

Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:07 am
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of
Default Re: certified copies

Originally Posted by cresta57
The easiest way is to copy all your stuff x2 then using Word create a text box with the appropriate wording "I certify that this is a true copy of a sighted original"........., leave a space for a signature and make sure the box is at the bottom of the page. Run all copies through the printer and take them to a JP/magistrate, they certify for free as it's part of their public duties. The box will save you heaps of time as all that's required is a Sig.
Here one I prepared earlier....................
Attached Files
File Type: doc
I certify................doc (23.5 KB, 130 views)
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice

I took two copies of all the documents to the solicitor who was to be dealing with our house sale, he charged a total of £10 for all the copies, had a stamp with all his details and only had to sign. He also did a couple of late stray docs for us without the charge because he knew he was going to be doing house sale. Seemed easy enough and not expensive. Good luck
Karen
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Jempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if it's ok to get the police to make certified copies of the various documents required for the skills assessment application, as i've heard that they can do them for free? Or is it best to pay a solicitors firm?
Would be gratefull if anyone can share their experiences of this with me.

Thanks
Jade x
Hi Jade
I copied all our docs, put them into separate wallets-booked an appointment with personal banker at Barclay's 15 mins later all done and certified with 'Certified as true copy of Original' bank sig and number on stamp...cost zero

Good Luck

Aly
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:48 am
Mog
Forum Regular

Mog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cresta57
No it doesn't it requires only the specific wording: "I certify that this is a true copy of a sighted original"
Followed by the date signature and title of the certifier.
Telephone number and address are not required.

From the QLD gov website:

"Endorse the copy in the following fashion:This is to certify that this is a true copy of the original,which I have sighted.
Date

Signed

Title

A stamp with this wording is available from the Justices of the Peace Branch for a nominal fee.Multiple-page documents. If the original document has multiple pages, each page must be certified as correct.Some documents, however, are many pages in length and it would not be possible to certify each page. In such cases, you must sign or initial each page and then amend the certification on the last page to read:This is to certify that this [number of pages]-page document (each page of which I have numbered and signed) is a true copy of the original [number of pages]-page document that I have sighted.Date Signed Title Each page of the copy should be numbered as page 1 of 40,2 of 40 and so on.You may be called upon to certify a copy of an Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) or an Advance Health Directive (AHD) for use as aproof that someone holds power of attorney for someone else or to allow copies to be held by more than one person or at more than one place.Section 45 of the Powers of Attorney Act 1998 provides that aperson may prove the existence of an EPA or AHD by producing acopy of the original document, as long as it is properly certified. It further provides that, in a properly certified copy:each page of the document except the last page must be certified a true and complete copy of the corresponding page of the original, and the last page must show certification that the document is a true and complete copy of the original."
Document Certification
Unless otherwise stated all documents for Australian Migration must be
in the form of certified copies. Please follow these guidelines carefully
as documents that are not properly certified can cause delays to your
application.
Applicants should note the following points concerning certification of
documents
Definition of a certified document
A certified copy is a photocopy of an original document which is stamped as being a true copy
of the original by a solicitor, JP, Commissioner of Oaths or Notary Public.
Correctly certified documents are a vital part in preparing a successful Visa application. If you
submit a photocopy of an original document to your assessing body or the Department of
Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs which is not certified e.g. Birth Certificate, then your
application will not be processed. The application will be considered incomplete and you will
be given a dead line to supply the missing evidence or the application will become invalid.
To ensure you have properly certified your original documents, please follow the below
guidelines.
You must provide a properly certified copy of the ORIGINAL document. Certified copies of
previously certified documents will not be accepted.
Proper certification should appear on every page, and must show the following:
• The signature & date of the Solicitor / Justice of the Peace certifying the document
• The name of the Solicitor / Justice of the Peace certifying the document. This should be
clearly printed or evident in the official stamp
• The address of the person certifying the document
• The phone number and if possible the email address of the person certifying the
document
• Where possible, an official stamp indicating the status of the person certifying the
document, i.e. Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for Oaths, Notary Public, or indicating
the name of the law firm.
For migration purposes, only the following people are able to certify copies original
documents:
• Practicing Solicitor
• Justice of the Peace
• Commissioner for Oaths
• Notary Public
For other purposes, Post offices, banks or Police offices are able to certify documents, please
note that they are NOT able to certify documents for migration purposes.
Assessment of your application will not proceed if you submit copies of documents where
the requirements stated above are not complied with.
If you have any queries please contact your case worker directly as your
original sales consultant will not be able to assist you with case work
enquiries.