Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

certificates validation question

certificates validation question

Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

jmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nice
Default certificates validation question

Hi
I'm about to embark on the TRAs and gathering the info I need,does person who you get to validate certificates sign each and everyone? with thier names and dates?

jvmistry
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: certificates validation question

Originally Posted by jmistry
Hi
I'm about to embark on the TRAs and gathering the info I need,does person who you get to validate certificates sign each and everyone? with thier names and dates?

jvmistry
Yes, also get them to attach a cover letter with their name, date, contact details, position etc
Old Feb 27th 2006, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

jmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nice

Originally Posted by WendyC
Yes, also get them to attach a cover letter with their name, date, contact details, position etc
thanks for the reply

He is a policeman will this do or does it have to be a JP type person?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reply

He is a policeman will this do or does it have to be a JP type person?

Unsure, it's a bit of a grey area. This is from the TRA website.

Certifying officers include:

Justices of the Peace (JP)
Commissioners for Affidavits
Solicitors and/or Lawyers
Notary Public Officials
Prominent Citizens

I have a friend who is a solicitor for Bradford Council, so I had him sign ours.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 11:20 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by WendyC
Unsure, it's a bit of a grey area. This is from the TRA website.

Certifying officers include:

Justices of the Peace (JP)
Commissioners for Affidavits
Solicitors and/or Lawyers
Notary Public Officials
Prominent Citizens

I have a friend who is a solicitor for Bradford Council, so I had him sign ours.
As the TRA is pretty similar to the ACS.. I asked the ACS, and I was told 'somebody who can legally certify documents in your country'.

So exactly what the definition of legal, certify and documents is pretty grey. I took it that if somebody can authorize for a passport application, that would be sufficient.

I got a solicitor friend to do mine. I got her to write 'I certify this is a true copy' and then signed it. I would expect that a policeman would be acceptable. If he can rustle up some kind of an offical stamp, that would be 'extra helpful'.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 11:27 am
Just Joined

VeeBeeBee is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: certificates validation question

Hi

jvmistry
I have just gained my provisional residency visa whilst living in Australia and all my documents had to be certified individually. We have a JP friend who did the honours.

Have fun collecting all your "evidence".

Good luck. VeraBB
Old Feb 27th 2006, 11:28 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adriang
As the TRA is pretty similar to the ACS.. I asked the ACS, and I was told 'somebody who can legally certify documents in your country'.

So exactly what the definition of legal, certify and documents is pretty grey. I took it that if somebody can authorize for a passport application, that would be sufficient. I got a solicitor friend to do mine. I got her to write 'I certify this is a true copy' and then signed it. I would expect that a policeman would be acceptable. If he can rustle up some kind of an offical stamp, that would be 'extra helpful'.

I would normally get a dcotor or nurse to sign for my passport documents but i was told they couldn't for the immigration documents, so we had a magistrate to do ours...i would check it out first before you get them signed
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Ok Thanks to all the people who replied.

i may ring them up just to make sure.

As it won't cost anything through my internet phone!!!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 3:18 pm
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Issie
I would normally get a dcotor or nurse to sign for my passport documents but i was told they couldn't for the immigration documents, so we had a magistrate to do ours...i would check it out first before you get them signed
Note that I was talking about cerifying the TRA/ACS copies rather than the Immigration docs..DIMIA are certainly more stingent.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Leevan has a spectacular aura aboutLeevan has a spectacular aura aboutLeevan has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: certificates validation question

Hi

jvmistry
Hi ,
sent off my TRA 2wks ago . Just got letter back to say its in the queue to be processed. I got my local solicitor to cert mine. Charged me £5 a document.Just keeping fingers crossed everything else I have fiied out is
correct.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

My agent said that a police officer could not certify my documents, we had ours done by a local solicitor who charged me £40 for 50 documents.

Stacey
Old Mar 6th 2006, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
My agent said that a police officer could not certify my documents, we had ours done by a local solicitor who charged me £40 for 50 documents.

Stacey
:scared: :scared: Was quoted fiver a document by solicitor at one end of the high street and ended up going to the other end of the high street and paying a tenner for 48 documents

Robbing bastards