Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cert II in Split Systems

Cert II in Split Systems

Old Oct 15th 2007, 6:40 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cert II in Split Systems

Title should only attract air con fitters ...

If any of you read this, can you please tell me if there is money to be made fitting ONLY split systems?

Location would be Gold Coast, QLD

I'm thinking about doing the Cert II which will allow to me to fit them. ONLY fit, but it's a start, I can do the Cert IV (four if wrong) after.

Also is fitting them THAT physical?

I'm sure lifting the unit to it's place is a tad more physical than changing a lightbulb, and that thing that goes in the garden is surely quite heavy, but is it ALL 'heavy' work ?!?

Bit of a wimp you see ...lol, but a genuine query.

Thanks for any info ...
Old Oct 15th 2007, 7:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cert II in Split Systems

Had to wait until HE got home. Now he's back I'll ask Good to see you

Edit: You have mail !

Last edited by moneypenny20; Oct 15th 2007 at 8:02 am.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:04 am
Account Closed

Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:14 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Title should only attract air con fitters ...

If any of you read this, can you please tell me if there is money to be made fitting ONLY split systems?

Location would be Gold Coast, QLD

I'm thinking about doing the Cert II which will allow to me to fit them. ONLY fit, but it's a start, I can do the Cert IV (four if wrong) after.

Also is fitting them THAT physical?

I'm sure lifting the unit to it's place is a tad more physical than changing a lightbulb, and that thing that goes in the garden is surely quite heavy, but is it ALL 'heavy' work ?!?

Bit of a wimp you see ...lol, but a genuine query.

Thanks for any info ...
some of the outdoor units can be bloody heavy, we're talking 70-80Kg but then i shouldn't think you'd be doing one of those on your own
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:31 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
some of the outdoor units can be bloody heavy, we're talking 70-80Kg but then i shouldn't think you'd be doing one of those on your own
The heaviest I'd let my boys play with is a 16kw condenser coming in at 132kgs in its' packaging... Anything bigger gets delivered direct...

In answer to the original question... There's always money in summer, the trick is to find something to do in winter...
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DrWho
the trick is to find something to do in winter...
So on the Gold Coast that's about 2 weeks of the year! ...
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:51 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Can tell you new to QLD
Winter seemed to drag on this year for us.

So on the Gold Coast that's about 2 weeks of the year! ...
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by themerlin
Can tell you new to QLD
Winter seemed to drag on this year for us.
Well I've been here for the last 2, and was here in the prev for 3 weeks.

I reckon I have a decent enough idea of what the Winters are like here ...

Well, all 2 weeks of it! ...
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've been here for the last 2, and was here in the prev for 3 weeks.

I reckon I have a decent enough idea of what the Winters are like here ...

Well, all 2 weeks of it! ...
It's just you mate. Winter seemed to last about six months for me The other evening got down to about 13. Seriously considered lighting the fire
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

qwertyuiop will become famous soon enoughqwertyuiop will become famous soon enough

Bit of a waste of money doing the fit only course....Most people that buy the units get the selling companies to install them...the selling companies use the service agencies for the install so as to cover the warranties. It would be a very hard market to break into if your going it alone.