Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Centrelink Delays! Anyone else? AAAH!!

Centrelink Delays! Anyone else? AAAH!!

Old Sep 10th 2004, 6:20 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Centrelink Delays! Anyone else? AAAH!!

Hi Peeps

For some reason we've hit a wall!
An application for AoS has already been completed by our Assurer and lodged with the initial application back in October 2003.
From April....Meds/Pcs done..then

1. 5th July DIMIA request AoS/Bond from Assurer in Oz.
2. 13th July, as requested and instructed the bond/AoS is paid into Commonwealth Bank in Sydney.
3. Letter to prove the payment is sent same day to DIMIA @ Adelaide as instructed.
4. 20th Aug!! DIMIA email us to say that all paperwork has now been passed to Centrelink for assessment!....

ASSESSMENT!!???

What's to assess? The form has been completed...the Assurer has been already been assessed by DIMIA as they have requested the bond be lodged.

There's nothing to do??? or is there???

I thought Centrelink were now being used to speed things up!
If it goes much slower we'll be going backwards!

Is there anyone else suffering like this?????

HELPP!!!
Old Sep 11th 2004, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Centrelink Delays! Anyone else? AAAH!!

Hi there,
Sorri i dont really no,but i thought id bump it a bit to see if any 1 out there has the same prob,or at least has an answer!!
Tasha
Old Sep 11th 2004, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bonza69
Hi there,
Sorri i dont really no,but i thought id bump it a bit to see if any 1 out there has the same prob,or at least has an answer!!
Tasha
Yes not easy this one.

Because Centrelink only took responsibility for AoS as from July this year, it may be that because the original paperwork was completed last year, the whole thing has to go to Centrelink now.

Maybe the professionals that visit the site may shed some light on this.

I know from other postings on here that Centrelink don't appear to be geared up for all the extra work that AoS has created for them and as a result there is another huge delay in the process
Old Sep 11th 2004, 3:47 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GillettFamily
Hi Peeps

An application for AoS has already been completed by our Assurer and lodged with the initial application back in October 2003.

2. 13th July, as requested and instructed the bond/AoS is paid into Commonwealth Bank in Sydney.
3. Letter to prove the payment is sent same day to DIMIA @ Adelaide as instructed.
4. 20th Aug!! DIMIA email us to say that all paperwork has now been passed to Centrelink for assessment!....

ASSESSMENT!!???

What's to assess? The form has been completed...the Assurer has been already been assessed by DIMIA as they have requested the bond be lodged.

HELPP!!!
Hi ya,
You may get some help from Walla on this,think they were one of the first to be caught up in it.
Donna.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 3:55 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Peeps

ASSESSMENT!!???

HELPP!!!

Exactly the same happened to us. We applied back in September last year. After many ups and downs got to exactly the same stage as yourself. Bond had been lodged (4th July) and so we were also informed everything had to go to Centerlink. You are right in that they are not yet geared or fully resourced enough to deal with the number of cases they have received. Apparently DIMIA send paperwork to a processing centre in NSW where from there it is sent out to the nearest Centrelink Office to where the assuror lives. In our case we were lucky in that our assuror kept on to centrelink until he had answers. He eventually got an appt in Perth Office, took everything they require and it was all sorted. (This was before they had requested anything!) After everything had been sent back to DIMIA he got a letter from Centrelink telling him to attend an appt. Basically to sum it up the right hand does not know what the ledt is doing!!! If your assuror has not had a letter to attend appt. I would ask him/her to contact centrelink and chase it up. It worked for us but then we are pushy buggers!! Hope you hear soon.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough

Oh God !! Just as I though we were at the last stage.
Bond sent on Thursday by our assuror to centrelink.
We had hoped that it was a matter of 4 - 5 weeks now until visa.

Is everone having these problems. ?
Old Sep 11th 2004, 6:52 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Peeps

ASSESSMENT!!???

HELPP!!!
Yep been though it as Marie66 says, the Mrs.

They estimated to us an extra 4 to 8 weeks on top of normal visa application processing times.

May have changed now as that was nigh on 2 months ago.

Good luck

Walla
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:17 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

Thanks everyone for the response. I was getting worried for a while there as it all went quiet after posting it.

It's soooo frustrating to be held up at this stage... but from what you've all said it seems we are not alone and in that respect I'm glad as we were beginning to think our paperwork had been lost!...Well it seemed that way.

But I'm really sorry to hear that others are in the same boat. What a complete and utter shambles this new centrelink processing is turning out to be!! Very British! Come on Oz! You're not doing yourself any favours here!

Walla & Marie66 I hope you get some news soon then as it's near that 8 week time. As for us it's been 3 weeks since DIMIA sent the the paperwork to centrelink so I think I'll also get our Assurer in Sydney to contact them and chase it up just as you did...and i think I'll do the same with them direct first thing Sunday night/Monday morning! I'm pushy too and quite frankly, I've now gone beyond being patient.

As one Vulture said to the other..."Patience my arse!...I'm gonna kill something!"

Tasha, Donna, Stewie....thanks for the postings. You've all been a great help. I do feel a little bit better now. Just a little bit.

Anyone else??? Please keep the postings coming!!!
I'm sure many more will be interested in these developments now...

Dave
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:38 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for the response. I was getting worried for a while there as it all went quiet after posting it.

It's soooo frustrating to be held up at this stage... but from what you've all said it seems we are not alone and in that respect I'm glad as we were beginning to think our paperwork had been lost!...Well it seemed that way.

But I'm really sorry to hear that others are in the same boat. What a complete and utter shambles this new centrelink processing is turning out to be!! Very British! Come on Oz! You're not doing yourself any favours here!

Walla & Marie66 I hope you get some news soon then as it's near that 8 week time. As for us it's been 3 weeks since DIMIA sent the the paperwork to centrelink so I think I'll also get our Assurer in Sydney to contact them and chase it up just as you did...and i think I'll do the same with them direct first thing Sunday night/Monday morning! I'm pushy too and quite frankly, I've now gone beyond being patient.

As one Vulture said to the other..."Patience my arse!...I'm gonna kill something!"

Tasha, Donna, Stewie....thanks for the postings. You've all been a great help. I do feel a little bit better now. Just a little bit.

Anyone else??? Please keep the postings coming!!!
I'm sure many more will be interested in these developments now...

Dave
Hi Dave

Our visas were granted last month so we have our good news, hope yours comes soon.

Good luck.

Walla
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:42 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

Cheers Walla.

Look forward to seeing your party pics! Used to live in Norfolk.

Good journey!
Dave
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:45 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

Ignore that last Norfolk comment...had a funny moment...don't ask!
Old Sep 12th 2004, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ratman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we were sent the standard letter from DIMA dated 10.08.04 to say that centrelink were now dealing with the AOS's. It's a bit depressing to find out that the changes have slowed everything down.our assurers havent heard anything yet!! I'm now thinking of starting to pester Centrelink, anyone else tried to contact them?
Old Sep 12th 2004, 9:57 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

Hi Ratman
yes I'm planning on calling them in the next hour and a bit! Spoke to or Assurer and he too will be contacting them...infact he will dropping in on the local office to sort them out!!

Not sure what I will gain really but it will make me feel better at least and I know that in the end, later rather than sooner, I will still get the visa sorted and issued.

We aren't too concerned about this now as we now know it's just a delay, annoying though it is, and that the visa will still be issued. Our most annoying issue at the moment is the fcat the damn house hasn't sold yet!!

We want to sell before we go really and are delaying departure but we also think ...sod it...lets book the flights and let the house sell when it does.

Looking at dept 1-8th Dec ish!...fingers crossed..for evrything.

How's things with everyone else?

Dave
Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Ratman is an unknown quantity at this point

GillettFamily
Dave,
How did you get on wtih Centrelink? I have spoken to our assurors today and still no news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ratman
Old Sep 13th 2004, 12:03 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

Originally Posted by Ratman
GillettFamily
Dave,
How did you get on wtih Centrelink? I have spoken to our assurors today and still no news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ratman
Hi there

Well in short they can only speak to the assurer for legal reasons, so I got nowhere. But after rooting through their computerised records, they said they have to speak to the assurer before the can access his files. Which reading between the lines tells me that the files are there at least!

Our assurer will be dropping into their local centrelink office...apparently its a bank!...to confront them about it all. He's just as p****d off with them now as we are!

When we get some news I will let you know.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.