Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Central London Meet - Sunday March 13

Wikiposts

Central London Meet - Sunday March 13

Old Mar 9th 2005, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice
Default Re: Central London Meet - Sunday March 13

Hi there

I thought that I would post the Streetmap reference for the venue which is on the corner of Chapel Street and Old Marylebone Road

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=newsearch.srf

Please note that for tube users, Edgeware Road has two stations separated by a few hundred metres. This can be rather confusing. The station very near to the venue is the one served by the Circle, District and Hammersmith and City lines. Use the main exit at the end of the platform. The Bakerloo Line stop at Edgeware Road is at a location a few hundred metres away, and users unfamiliar with the area should consult an A-Z or the map within the station.

The venue is not too large. It is only about 20 metres long, and is not usually otherwise too busy at weekends, so there ought to be little problem finding eachother. There is a distinct area within the pub with lots of dining tables, and that is nearer where my family will hang out.

For recognition purposes, I'm a 6 foot 3 inch white 35 year old guy with short dark-but-greying hair, and my wife is a very 'bijou' 5 foot Chinese lady (ravishing, of course), with a loud, naughty 3 year old girl nearby (ravishing, of course). The combination normally conspires to make us instantly recognisable....and audible.

Neil

Last edited by wongstonn; Mar 9th 2005 at 2:19 am.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Bounce!!!! Anyone else out there?
Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Hello , we're bouncy today
Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:22 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wongstonn
Hi there

I thought that I would post the Streetmap reference for the venue which is on the corner of Chapel Street and Old Marylebone Road

Please note that for tube users, Edgeware Road has two stations separated by a few hundred metres. This can be rather confusing. The station very near to the venue is the one served by the Circle, District and Hammersmith and City lines. Use the main exit at the end of the platform. The Bakerloo Line stop at Edgeware Road is at a location a few hundred metres away, and users unfamiliar with the area should consult an A-Z or the map within the station.

The venue is not too large. It is only about 20 metres long, and is not usually otherwise too busy at weekends, so there ought to be little problem finding eachother. There is a distinct area within the pub with lots of dining tables, and that is nearer where my family will hang out.

For recognition purposes, I'm a 6 foot 3 inch white 35 year old guy with short dark-but-greying hair, and my wife is a very 'bijou' 5 foot Chinese lady (ravishing, of course), with a loud, naughty 3 year old girl nearby (ravishing, of course). The combination normally conspires to make us instantly recognisable....and audible.

Neil
bounce, bounce, bouce

Gina
Old Mar 11th 2005, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Oooooo not long now...see you all soon

Anyone else??

Sue
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice

can't wait!!!

derek and kate
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:40 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I am really sorry that I wont get to meet any of you tomorrow, I have been stuck in the house with my son who had suspected Mumps, been confirmed today so as my husband is on shift tomorrow and I had to bring the kids think it would be best if I stay away.

Have fun!!
Old Mar 12th 2005, 5:32 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wongstonn
Hi there

Neil

bump, bump, bounce
Old Mar 12th 2005, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
bump, bump, bounce
Bounce - last chance!
Old Mar 12th 2005, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

See everyone soon
Old Mar 12th 2005, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

yup, see you there
Old Mar 13th 2005, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Hiya

Great to meet up with everyone!! just got back from my sisters and had "another" roast dinner how greedy are we!! Chris poor thing has gone off to work.

We enjoyed the day well done to Neil for organizing it all

Sue & Chris
Old Mar 13th 2005, 7:59 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sue2
Hiya

Great to meet up with everyone!! just got back from my sisters and had "another" roast dinner how greedy are we!! Chris poor thing has gone off to work.

We enjoyed the day well done to Neil for organizing it all

Sue & Chris
Hi,

just wanted to second that: thanks, Neil, for organising it.

Gina
Old Mar 13th 2005, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, afer the do I ended up at a party in Maida Vle and as I write this I can be sure that I am quite 'mullered'.

Anyhow, totally enjoyed the do. Big thanks to all the thread bouncers - you know who you are.

I did promise a number of links be posted:

Britvics - for sophisticated Victorians to be...
http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx

The tax calculator:
http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co...mnu=50&mfp=001

Poms Down Under
http://www.pomsdownunder.com/

The Sandown Meet
http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...wn#post2111890

Neil
Old Mar 13th 2005, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi,

just wanted to second that: thanks, Neil, for organising it.

Gina
Yep - ditto - Thanks Neil

Sorry we didn't get right round the table - and Alex - sorry for seemingly ignoring you for a while! I was so engrossed in conversation - I was oblivious to your presence for a time! It was completely unintentional.

Thanks to all those we spoke to for a great time.

And Kate & Derek.........Brisbane! Brisbane! Brisbane! ....Only joking.....but make sure you let us know the outcome.

Hope to speak with you all again some time.

Netta (& John - busy decorating again)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.