Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Central Heating in Queensland, just a thought..

Wikiposts

Central Heating in Queensland, just a thought..

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:25 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Central Heating in Queensland, just a thought..

Originally Posted by Stitch
I think that's the problem. We tend to live 24/7 inside cause it gets so cold out there. Don't get me wrong you can put on a few extra layers etc but then with all those clothes there's a restricted amount that you can move! I just know that I like my heating, probably cause I've always had it.

Cheers

Ginny
I know exactly what you mean!

Surprisingly, though, I have coped very well with the English winter, despite being from Australia myself. I find the houses far too stuffy; I'm always opening windows and turning down the central heating.

My wife feels the cold a lot more than I do - and she's a Brit herself!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:46 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central Heating in Queensland, just a thought..

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I know exactly what you mean!

Surprisingly, though, I have coped very well with the English winter, despite being from Australia myself. I find the houses far too stuffy; I'm always opening windows and turning down the central heating.

My wife feels the cold a lot more than I do - and she's a Brit herself!
The further north you get the mighter the chill is. We're having a wee bit of a harsh time just now and it's only the forst. Worst still to come.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:50 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
The further north you get the mighter the chill is. We're having a wee bit of a harsh time just now and it's only the forst. Worst still to come.

Cheers

Ginny
It`s funny how you become aclimatised to the weather, I can remember arriving in sunny Hampshire form Fife in October and thinking how warm it was. I spent October and NOvember wandering around in T shirts - 8 years later I`m in my wooly pullys and gloves by the end of October moaning about how cold it is!!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:53 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
It`s funny how you become aclimatised to the weather, I can remember arriving in sunny Hampshire form Fife in October and thinking how warm it was. I spent October and NOvember wandering around in T shirts - 8 years later I`m in my wooly pullys and gloves by the end of October moaning about how cold it is!!
I've bought the kids cotton Pjs and Hot water Bots in anticipation of coming out to Oz next year! Not that I'm fretting about being cold!

Cheers

Ginny