Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Central Heating in Queensland, just a thought..

Central Heating in Queensland, just a thought..

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:18 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Question Central Heating in Queensland, just a thought..

Hi,

It's getting b***** freezing here in Tayside lately but that doesn't stop us wandering around the house in shorts and tshirt while the good old central heating's cranked up full blast!!

When we validated it was winter and got rather chilly at nights, Sydney required bedclothes!!!!! Has anyone heard of having central heating installed or is there an equivalent out there?

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:30 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Central Heating in Queensland, just a thought..

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

It's getting b***** freezing here in Tayside lately but that doesn't stop us wandering around the house in shorts and tshirt while the good old central heating's cranked up full blast!!

When we validated it was winter and got rather chilly at nights, Sydney required bedclothes!!!!! Has anyone heard of having central heating installed or is there an equivalent out there?

Cheers

Ginny
What kind of person requires central heating in Australia? It's not worth it for the 2 months you'd have it on!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:32 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central Heating in Queensland, just a thought..

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
What kind of person requires central heating in Australia? It's not worth it for the 2 months you'd have it on!

A very cold one!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:32 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers

Ginny
reverse cycle a/c will do quite nicely or just a portable electric heater.
you dont need central heating at all
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:34 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Central Heating in Queensland, just a thought..

A very cold one!

Cheers

Ginny
Why is it that the Brits can't handle the cold in Australia?

You come from a country that's regularly half-covered in snow!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:34 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
reverse cycle a/c will do quite nicely or just a portable electric heater.
you dont need central heating at all
Reverse cycle is the one that keeps cool in summer and heats you in winter isn't it?

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:37 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Why is it that the Brits can't handle the cold in Australia?

You come from a country that's regularly half-covered in snow!
Because we have the central heating cranked up....!!!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:51 pm
Fighting my corner

Lightbulb Re: Central Heating in Queensland, just a thought..

Because we have the central heating cranked up....!!!

Cheers

Ginny
Should have guessed.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:52 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Should have guessed.
I though you were quicker than that!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

mary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant future

Hi,

Cheers

Ginny
I don't know about the southern states but I've found reverse cycle airconditioning is best for heating and cooling in Queensland.I've found living in old Queenslander/timber houses most difficult to keep warm /cool so I prefer brick.
A lot of people have wood burning fires for the colder nights in the southeast more for novelty than warmth.The only really cold part is around Stanthorpe/Warwick which is high up.
The climate is very different in Qld compared to Scotland.I find the cold a welcome relief and a chance to wear some different clothes.Queenslanders really don't know the meaning of cold and may have never seen snow before.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:54 pm
Fighting my corner

Red face Re: Central Heating in Queensland, just a thought..

I though you were quicker than that!

Cheers

Ginny
Strangely, I had the curious idea that the Brits would be acclimatised to their own country, like everyone else is.

I forgot that you all live indoors 24/7.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:58 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Strangely, I had the curious idea that the Brits would be acclimatised to their own country, like everyone else is.

I forgot that you all live indoors 24/7.
I think that's the problem. We tend to live 24/7 inside cause it gets so cold out there. Don't get me wrong you can put on a few extra layers etc but then with all those clothes there's a restricted amount that you can move! I just know that I like my heating, probably cause I've always had it.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

When it gets that cold here in Brisvegas we just close a window or 2 and turn on a few more lights. And maybe something for your feet too...

There are quite a few houses in the western suburbs that have open fires (more for toasting marshmallows and show).

WW
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:08 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by mary1
I don't know about the southern states but I've found reverse cycle airconditioning is best for heating and cooling in Queensland.I've found living in old Queenslander/timber houses most difficult to keep warm /cool so I prefer brick.
A lot of people have wood burning fires for the colder nights in the southeast more for novelty than warmth.The only really cold part is around Stanthorpe/Warwick which is high up.
The climate is very different in Qld compared to Scotland.I find the cold a welcome relief and a chance to wear some different clothes.Queenslanders really don't know the meaning of cold and may have never seen snow before.
Thanks for the insight. We'd be looking at Brisbane/Gold Coast and hopefully at brick housing. Haven't had any experience of reverse cycle heating so will check this out.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:12 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
When it gets that cold here in Brisvegas we just close a window or 2 and turn on a few more lights. And maybe something for your feet too...

There are quite a few houses in the western suburbs that have open fires (more for toasting marshmallows and show).

WW
Toasted marshmallows sounds quite nice. Hate cleaning them after though!

Cheers

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.