Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Central Europe - NZ - Central Europe - we're back!

Central Europe - NZ - Central Europe - we're back!

Old Mar 14th 2004, 6:47 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Central Europe - NZ - Central Europe - we're back!

Back at home in the village. Very pleasantly impressed by the fact that our tenants had done a fantastic job of maintaining the house and getting the place spotless for our return, probably cleaner than when we left, plus they'd done some nice things like leave a few pressies, full washing up liquid and stocks of toilet paper, dishwasher tablets etc - good onya, top tenants!

3 fantastic weeks in Thailand later, we are tanned, fit, relaxed, much enjoyed the sensational Thai food especially at Kai's famous restaurant on Karon Beach. Raring to go. Little Don #1 starts kindy on Wednesday.

NZ seems a long way away, it was a good dea to break the journey in Thailand as the evil lag was kept to a minimum.

Still planning on a return to NZ once we've sorted out some business this end.

Old Mar 14th 2004, 7:13 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Hello again Don, Mrs P and chimps!!

Glad you had a good trip - three weeks in Thailand - very jealous -I only managed 10 days and ended up on Koh Chang doing very little!
Old Mar 14th 2004, 8:04 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

I got terrible toothache on Koh Chang back in 2000 and had to resort to drinking Sang Tip every waking minute until I got back to Bangkok for a bit of emergency tooth surgery.

Still, beautiful unspoilt island.

No sign of people being worried about bird flu on Phuket at least.

How's the Surf, did you work out fuel consumption yet (I reckon ours did 650 kms a tank)? Is your SSR-G or SSR-X?