British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Central Coat Meet-Up? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/central-coat-meet-up-411861/)

crosborne Dec 5th 2006 6:44 am

Central Coast Meet-Up?

Hi Guys,

I've had a bit of a look around and I can't seem to find any Central Coast meet ups. What are all you coasties doing? Anyone up for one sometime this month? When/where up for discussion.

joho Dec 5th 2006 6:47 am

Re: Central Coat Meet-Up?

Originally Posted by crosborne
Hi Guys,

I've had a bit of a look around and I can't seem to find any Central Coast meet ups. What are all you coasties doing? Anyone up for one sometime this month? When/where up for discussion.

I did try to organise one, but failed miserably.

But if you manage to russle up some interest I'll come.

Jo

crosborne Dec 5th 2006 6:51 am

Re: Central Coast Meet-Up?

Well that's 2 of us.

C'mon guys...I know you're out there!

joho Dec 5th 2006 6:56 am

Well that's 2 of us.

You might want to contact these lot.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...6&page=2&pp=15

Jo

Jimclevs Dec 6th 2006 2:08 am

Well that's 2 of us.

Hi Caroline

Yes - but preferably after 18 Jan - family etc visiting over Christmas/New Year.

Have sent you a quick PM

Regards

Jim

Jimclevs Dec 6th 2006 2:09 am

Originally Posted by joho
You might want to contact these lot.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...6&page=2&pp=15

Jo

Hi Jo

All well over there? How's the house?

Regards

Jim

it_hooker Dec 6th 2006 7:42 pm

Hi Guys,

Let us know when and where and

we'll think of you all while we're in rainy, cold Leicestershire!! :D

Steve

ps: Mind you, the chocolates good!!

joho Dec 7th 2006 5:56 am

Originally Posted by it_hooker
Let us know when and where and

we'll think of you all while we're in rainy, cold Leicestershire!! :D

Steve

ps: Mind you, the chocolates good!!

Wonder when you would surface, hows it going up over. Are you coming back, its not been the same without you. Popped into see Terry a few weeks ago for an update. :p

Jo

joho Dec 7th 2006 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi Jo

All well over there? How's the house?

Regards

Jim

Not bad thanks, getting odds and sods done, you know. Pop over sometime for a coffee. PM me.

Anyone else is also welcome.

Jo

it_hooker Dec 7th 2006 10:26 pm

Wonder when you would surface, hows it going up over. Are you coming back, its not been the same without you. Popped into see Terry a few weeks ago for an update. :p

Jo

Well, we now have a house and complete on our building plot next week. And, at long last, I have internet access!! Hooray!!! Just signed a new 12 month contract for my old job - so we're winning!

katiesel Dec 9th 2006 4:25 am

Well, we now have a house and complete on our building plot next week. And, at long last, I have internet access!! Hooray!!! Just signed a new 12 month contract for my old job - so we're winning!

I know i am being stupid, but what places come under the area of central coast?, if its near Hervey Bay, we will come :)

joho Dec 9th 2006 6:02 am

I think this is central coast, Sydneyish, at least I hope so as thats where I am. :D

Pollyana Dec 9th 2006 6:05 am

Originally Posted by katiesel
I know i am being stupid, but what places come under the area of central coast?, if its near Hervey Bay, we will come :)

New South Wales, sorry :(

tartancarly Dec 11th 2006 6:11 am

Thanks for all your private messages alerting me to this thread.

Yep, we are up for a meet possibly beginning of January. A family friendly meet would be ideal. :beer:

crosborne Dec 11th 2006 8:07 am

It sounds like most of you guys have families, so that sounds sensible. Looking like it's going to be January then...

it_hooker Dec 11th 2006 8:13 am

I think this is central coast, Sydneyish, at least I hope so as thats where I am. :D

With the emphasis on 'ISH' :D

joho Dec 14th 2006 7:33 pm

With the emphasis on 'ISH' :D

Hey you just cant let us go can you :D Come back..........go on dare you.

Have you still got the foster kids or have they gone back to their mums.

Jo

it_hooker Dec 15th 2006 7:08 am

Hey you just cant let us go can you :D Come back..........go on dare you.

Have you still got the foster kids or have they gone back to their mums.

Jo

Working on it!! ;)

K will go home soon - probably before Xmas, A still with us - for another year at least.

khoardiroy Dec 30th 2006 1:54 am

Ok wee need a date and place. Bring yer own bottles/beef etc.

Jan 18 sounds good - 2pm

I suggest Ettalong Beach...though Putty Beach At Kilcare has a beautiful and quiet beach, with great picnic/barbie and toilet area.

But up for anything. Lets make a decision!
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

it_hooker Dec 30th 2006 5:28 am

Originally Posted by khoardiroy (Post 4235655)
Ok wee need a date and place. Bring yer own bottles/beef etc.

Jan 18 sounds good - 2pm

I suggest Ettalong Beach...though Putty Beach At Kilcare has a beautiful and quiet beach, with great picnic/barbie and toilet area.

But up for anything. Lets make a decision!
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Much prefer Putty Beach

Jimclevs Dec 30th 2006 9:22 pm

Hi

Do you really mean the 18th - which is a Thursday?

Whatever - agree that Putty Beach is a great spot - and the kiddies rockpool is safe.

Jim

khoardiroy Dec 31st 2006 3:47 am

Ok Putty Beach.

2pm

Either Sunday 14th or 21st of Jan.

Personally I think the sooner the better, rather than later.

Family and beer/wine (or Malt in my case).:beer:

khoardiroy Jan 5th 2007 12:16 pm

so..14th or 21st?

it_hooker Jan 5th 2007 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by khoardiroy (Post 4251572)
so..14th or 21st?

Well, I'd be happy with either!! :D

joho Jan 5th 2007 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by it_hooker (Post 4253305)
Well, I'd be happy with either!! :D

Sunday 14th would be better as hubby on shifts and wont be available the following week.

Where the bloody hell is putty beach.

IT your a bugger, dare you to be there on the 14th.

Jo

Jimclevs Jan 7th 2007 4:43 am

Originally Posted by joho (Post 4253464)
Sunday 14th would be better as hubby on shifts and wont be available the following week.

Jo

Hi Jo

Just picked up on this !

Good job that it didn't happen today - its throwing it down over here!

By the way - Putty Beach is also known as Killcare Beach - the ocean side of Hardys Bay. Luvverly spot!

Jim

khoardiroy Jan 7th 2007 6:54 am

14th 2pm it is. Bring anything/one you want. Be good to meet up with you all.

Sydneysiders welcome too.

crowciej Jan 12th 2007 10:14 am

Hey - I'm new to the central coast (been living here for 6 months now) and have been looking out for some fellow brits with no luck. Am I too late for the meet up???Let me know when your out and about next. Wicked lightening happening across the sky at the moment if your around tuggerah lake!!

khoardiroy Jan 12th 2007 12:58 pm

Mate...no one responded to 14th proposal so buggerit. We've been invited elsewhere so we'll get pissed there. Lighting is great tonight.:beer:

it_hooker Jan 12th 2007 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by joho (Post 4253464)

Jo

Ah Jo - would love to - but Corduroy has got pissy and so it seems it's off! :D

joho Jan 12th 2007 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by khoardiroy (Post 4275111)
Mate...no one responded to 14th proposal so buggerit. We've been invited elsewhere so we'll get pissed there. Lighting is great tonight.:beer:

Hey I did, crowciej did, think jimcleves did and you did. Going to sulk in the corner now. Although the weather is pretty windy today so it may be a bit crap tomorrow.

Does everyone else still want to meet up if the weather is good, I will assume not if there are no replys by tomorrow morning, will check in.

crowciej pm me with your details and we can meet for coffee if you feel kinda lonesome.

Jo

crowciej Jan 16th 2007 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by joho (Post 4278364)
Hey I did, crowciej did, think jimcleves did and you did. Going to sulk in the corner now. Although the weather is pretty windy today so it may be a bit crap tomorrow.

Does everyone else still want to meet up if the weather is good, I will assume not if there are no replys by tomorrow morning, will check in.

crowciej pm me with your details and we can meet for coffee if you feel kinda lonesome.

Jo

I was working in the end anyway. We'll have to schedule another one!

SenoraJo Jan 16th 2007 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by crowciej (Post 4291870)
I was working in the end anyway. We'll have to schedule another one!

Ha! Found it! I'm in too, just let me know dates/times etc. :)

Jo - good to talk the other day - will be in touch re: days off as we said. Hi to Stu and kids xxx

Jim - Hello & happy new year. Maybe we'll finally all meet this year, what do you reckon?

Steve - Hello! Sorry didn't speak to you again b4 you guys left but good to hear things seem to be going really well. Please give our love to Joy as well - have wondered about you both quite alot. What are you building? Have you got yourselves a nice big country plot then? You can tell Joy sickness ended about 20 weeks - thank God! :D - and I am definitely blooming now, little tyke doesn't keep still ever! All the best xxx

Scotty123 Jan 20th 2007 4:18 am

Originally Posted by SenoraJo (Post 4291952)

Jo - good to talk the other day - will be in touch re: days off as we said. Hi to Stu and kids xxx

Jim - Hello & happy new year. Maybe we'll finally all meet this year, what do you reckon?

Steve - Hello! Sorry didn't speak to you again b4 you guys left but good to hear things seem to be going really well. Please give our love to Joy as well - have wondered about you both quite alot. What are you building? Have you got yourselves a nice big country plot then? You can tell Joy sickness ended about 20 weeks - thank God! :D - and I am definitely blooming now, little tyke doesn't keep still ever! All the best xxx

My mum and dad im sure would be up for meeting you guys :) we are in Terrigal.

Jimclevs Jan 20th 2007 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by SenoraJo (Post 4291952)

Hi - and happy New Year to you and yours also. Yes - perhaps it will eventually happen sometime this summer :)

Jim

Jimclevs Jan 20th 2007 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by ScottyTee (Post 4303892)
My mum and dad im sure would be up for meeting you guys :) we are in Terrigal.

Hi

Yes - we really must get this organised :)

Jim

crowciej Jan 21st 2007 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Jimclevs (Post 4305598)
Hi

Yes - we really must get this organised :)

Jim

OK well evenings would be better for me as I work every weekend... tell us when and where and I'll be there!

SenoraJo Jan 21st 2007 9:40 pm

OK, I'll get the ball rolling:unsure: .....

If it's evenings then I'll assume Fri/Sat is best. The only w/e evening I have off until my rota runs out is Fri Feb 2nd, so how about it?

Jim, I can't think of anywhere in Terrigal with loads of outdoor seating suitable for a bunch (I'm hoping we'll all turn up!) of people, exept the Crowne Plaza? Can you? Plus somewhere we can hear ourselves talk on a busy w/e.

I suggest Crowne Plaza Beer Garden or Avoca Beach Hotel (has outdoor seating aplenty) but if any of you guys can think of somwhere nicer then let us know.

So who's coming then?

Friday 2nd Feb, venue to be confirmed, 7-7.30pm for a long evening of drinks and chat.

See you there?:thumbup:

Jo & Steve x

Jimclevs Jan 22nd 2007 5:03 am

Originally Posted by SenoraJo (Post 4308643)
OK, I'll get the ball rolling:unsure: .....

If it's evenings then I'll assume Fri/Sat is best. The only w/e evening I have off until my rota runs out is Fri Feb 2nd, so how about it?

Jim, I can't think of anywhere in Terrigal with loads of outdoor seating suitable for a bunch (I'm hoping we'll all turn up!) of people, exept the Crowne Plaza? Can you? Plus somewhere we can hear ourselves talk on a busy w/e.

I suggest Crowne Plaza Beer Garden or Avoca Beach Hotel (has outdoor seating aplenty) but if any of you guys can think of somwhere nicer then let us know.

So who's coming then?

Friday 2nd Feb, venue to be confirmed, 7-7.30pm for a long evening of drinks and chat.

See you there?:thumbup:

Jo & Steve x

Jo

Yep........ Gill and I are up for that - Friday 2 Feb 7pm-ish at the Crowne Plaza. There's always the refurbished Terrigal Pub, also, on Terrigal Drive but I think its a good deal more expensive than the Crowne Plaza (got to pay for all the refurbishments somehow) :)

Roll up, roll up ........ who's next ?

Jim

SenoraJo Jan 22nd 2007 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Jimclevs (Post 4310959)
Jo

Yep........ Gill and I are up for that - Friday 2 Feb 7pm-ish at the Crowne Plaza. There's always the refurbished Terrigal Pub, also, on Terrigal Drive but I think its a good deal more expensive than the Crowne Plaza (got to pay for all the refurbishments somehow) :)

Roll up, roll up ........ who's next ?

Jim

Hurrah - first taker! Crowne Plaza it is then Feb 2nd, 7-7.30ish. See you there, how about the rest of you then?

Jo:)