British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Central Coast Meet (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/central-coast-meet-371696/)

joho May 5th 2006 11:54 am

Central Coast Meet

Thought I would do a poll on a meet somewhere in the Terrigal, Avoca, Gosford area as this is quite central. I have no idea of any child friendly areas as I live in Umina but suggestions welcome.

Jo

khoardiroy May 6th 2006 8:32 am

Re: Central Coast Meet

We'd love to go to a meet...but it will have to be in July as we don't arrive until July 3rd.....leave in exactly 8 weeks........wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :beer:

joho May 6th 2006 8:33 am

Originally Posted by khoardiroy
We'd love to go to a meet...but it will have to be in July as we don't arrive until July 3rd.....leave in exactly 8 weeks........wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :beer:

Well at the response this has had it might be then and just you and me. :p

Come on you lot pull your finger out.

Jo

joho May 6th 2006 9:38 pm

Ok got wmoore to move this into the right section. So hopefully it will pull a better response.

Jo

Jimclevs May 7th 2006 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by joho
Ok got wmoore to move this into the right section. So hopefully it will pull a better response.

Jo

Hello Jo

Have been with family in Manly Vale for the weekend and have only just read this thread.

One or two of us up this way were thinking along these lines but I was definitely waiting until my other half has returned from an emergency visit to the UK (she gets back here on 15 May).

Can we wait until after then?

Have completed your (small!) poll.

Jim

joho May 7th 2006 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello Jo

Have been with family in Manly Vale for the weekend and have only just read this thread.

One or two of us up this way were thinking along these lines but I was definitely waiting until my other half has returned from an emergency visit to the UK (she gets back here on 15 May).

Can we wait until after then?

Have completed your (small!) poll.

Jim

I was thinking of July so the newbie can come, gives me a couple of months to round up the troops. I thought there would be a better response but there you go. :o you can only try.

Suggestions on places to meet gladly received. Have heard that Davistown has a lovely RSA club now with a play area for the kids, am going on Wed so will let you know. Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Jo

tartancarly May 8th 2006 8:33 am

We will be more than happy to meet-up. Arrive first week of July. See you all then. :beer:

electricbaby May 8th 2006 11:54 am

Originally Posted by tartancarly
We will be more than happy to meet-up. Arrive first week of July. See you all then. :beer:

Hi all
Thanks for the prompt Tatan. We are definately up for a meet once we arrive. Still got to sell the house :eek: so may be we will be around for the next one!
Caz

si.young May 14th 2006 8:44 am

Originally Posted by joho
Thought I would do a poll on a meet somewhere in the Terrigal, Avoca, Gosford area as this is quite central. I have no idea of any child friendly areas as I live in Umina but suggestions welcome.

Jo

Would love to meet a few people, so count us in :)

Scotty123 May 20th 2006 2:20 am

my family will be there, I think a good place for the meetup would be at Terrigal "Harbour" as it has a cafe, restaurant and also BBQ places etc. As last sunday we went to the cafe and saw a lot of groups of people there eating and chatting. It over looks Terrigal Beach and the ocean :) let me know ur thoughts

Jimclevs May 20th 2006 4:57 am

Originally Posted by ScottyTee
my family will be there, I think a good place for the meetup would be at Terrigal "Harbour" as it has a cafe, restaurant and also BBQ places etc. As last sunday we went to the cafe and saw a lot of groups of people there eating and chatting. It over looks Terrigal Beach and the ocean :) let me know ur thoughts

Scott

Have just sent you a PM.

Jim

si.young May 20th 2006 5:11 am

Originally Posted by ScottyTee

Sounds good to us, just let us know when :)

Scotty123 May 20th 2006 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Scott

Have just sent you a PM.

Jim

cheers :)

Irish Aussie Teen May 20th 2006 6:39 am

oops sorry i voted becuase i thought it said gold coast meet-up!My bad! :o

joho Aug 23rd 2006 12:26 pm

Ok thought it was time to revivie. Sorry about the delay, hubbies dad died in June had to go back to the UK for 3 weeks, then moved house early July. Now working full time for 3 weeks. How about the 24th Sept or 1st Oct and open to suggestions where but Terrigal 'harbour' sounds good make it BYO whatever or buy from cafe. Lets make a decision :cool:

Jo