Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Central Coast - Kincumber?

Central Coast - Kincumber?

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 2:59 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Central Coast - Kincumber?

Hi All

Looking for some inputs on a possible move we are considering. We like the look of some properties up and around the cental coast. We cannot afford beach front but like look and prices of some of the acreages.

Hubby may be able to give up current work and do "something" that brings in a little to cover some expenses. Son and I would need a small two bed rental in Hornsby for mid week stay for college and me work on the days I cannot work from home. We both drive and are happy doing day trips to Port Stephens! So know about the commute.

We had a thought about a rather large property that could have the potential of a three bed separate house that we could short term rent out to possibly visiting expats looking at the area and hubby can be responsible for any help the visitors would like on the area. Thought one of the advantages we could offer with an acreage is people could bring pets if needed and we could be a little flexible with lengths of stays etc because it would not be a thing we needed to make money to live.

Any thoughts peeps - crap area, no one would want to live or visit? Any other bad points that you could highlight for me?

Appreciate any input, I have been in Sydney for six years this May and currently live in St Ives.

Cheers
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central Coast - Kincumber?

Don't know much about Kincumber. I have passed through it many times. It used to have the the reputation of being the "pits". However, having said that it is pretty central for going up and down the coast. There seems to have been a fair amount of development over the last few years which I would think has improved it. Used to be just boatbuilders' sheds on the water. I would think that acreage there would be amongst the least pricey on the Central Coast.
Sounds like you have a good idea. All the best with it.