Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Centerlink family assistance income calculated

Is Centerlink family assistance income calculated

Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold
Default Is Centerlink family assistance income calculated

before or after tax?. Having a real "thick" moment and can't work it out, I think it is before in which case they have been using the wrong amount. Tried phoning them only to be told it will all be worked out from your tax return. Surely they should have been able to answer yes before tax or no it's after?

I'm sure ABC will know
Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Centerlink family assistance income calculated

If you're talking of FTA and FTB then it is definitely calculated based on your pre-tax income.

Last edited by IndieG; Jan 21st 2010 at 4:36 am.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:48 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Is Centerlink family assistance income calculated

Originally Posted by TMRE
before or after tax?. Having a real "thick" moment and can't work it out, I think it is before in which case they have been using the wrong amount. Tried phoning them only to be told it will all be worked out from your tax return. Surely they should have been able to answer yes before tax or no it's after?

I'm sure ABC will know
It is Gross, ie: before tax income.

Go to http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne.../os_update.htm if you wish to update them with your estimated income figures.
Sometimes it is best to deal with computers and not humans

If any figures are wrong it will be adjusted up or down in the end of year tax return. Which is what they were referring to.