Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Centennial Cavalcade of Flight

Centennial Cavalcade of Flight

Old Dec 4th 2003, 3:29 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Centennial Cavalcade of Flight

I have been advised there is a forthcoming airshow in Perth, for centennial celebrations but I can't find any detailed on information of where and when.

Does anyone have any more info? I have looked at the RAAF sites and can find general information but no specifics i.e dates, times, best places to be to observe the flights and where to view grounded aircraft.

Thanks in advance.

Donna
Old Dec 4th 2003, 4:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donna,

Try this - the webpage wouldn't play ball, and there are no links on any of the regular aviation sites, so I've just lifted part of the only page IO can find!

I guess you could try the numbers /email here for more info, failing that it seems to be based at Jandakot airfield, so try them on 08 9414 9400 or email [email protected]

Good luck!!! ( and if you get to see the show I'll be very jealous!!)

==============================

c/- Aviation Centre
Edith Cowan University
Mount Lawley WA 6050

Phone 9375 2060 (h)
9370 6577 (w)
Fax 9370 6105
Email [email protected]

Dear Aircraft Owner/Operator

CAVALCADE OF FLIGHT

This letter is to alert you to the Centennial Cavalcade of Flight which will take place on the afternoon of Saturday 13th of December, 2003 and invite you to participate.

The Jandakot Airport Chamber of Commerce, in association with Edith Cowan University, Jandakot Airport Holdings, and Leeming Rotary Club are planning a flypast of aircraft over the Perth Metropolitan area which will be the largest ever undertaken in Western Australia.

The Cavalcade is intended to celebrate powered flight by showcasing to the public the various ways in which the aircraft is used by the community. The operators of all participating aircraft will be identified by the commentators so that the public will be made aware of their roles.

The aircraft, both individually and in formations, will fly from Fremantle to Perth, descending to 700 feet AGL between Point Walter and Heirisson Island, then climbing to 1000 feet AGL and tracking to Scarborough. From there, light aircraft will fly south along the coast past Becher Point before returning to Jandakot via Lake Forestdale. Airline aircraft will return to Perth Airport and military aircraft to Pearce.

Following the Cavalcade, all participating aircrew and guests are invited to a ‘Hangar Party’ at Jandakot where celebrations of the Centenary of Powered Flight will be continued.

All pilots will receive an individually inscribed and boxed medallion to commemorate their participation in this historic event and all passengers will receive a commemorative certificate.

The event will receive TV coverage, while separate live radio broadcasts will be made of the passage of the Cavalcade along the river and of the proceedings during take-off and landing at Jandakot.

The aircraft will be grouped in a number of categories, including vintage, training, emergency, airliners, corporate, military, survey, experimental, agricultural, media, advertising and recreational.

========================================
Old Dec 4th 2003, 4:35 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats great Pollyana,

Thanks very much. Is there not anything going on in Brisbane as well. I haven't seen this show advertised in Perth but i was told about by a lady I was talking to in a waiting room yesterday. It goes to show its who you know

Donna

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hi Donna,

Try this - the webpage wouldn't play ball, and there are no links on any of the regular aviation sites, so I've just lifted part of the only page IO can find!

I guess you could try the numbers /email here for more info, failing that it seems to be based at Jandakot airfield, so try them on 08 9414 9400 or email [email protected]

Good luck!!! ( and if you get to see the show I'll be very jealous!!)

==============================

c/- Aviation Centre
Edith Cowan University
Mount Lawley WA 6050

Phone 9375 2060 (h)
9370 6577 (w)
Fax 9370 6105
Email [email protected]

Dear Aircraft Owner/Operator

CAVALCADE OF FLIGHT

This letter is to alert you to the Centennial Cavalcade of Flight which will take place on the afternoon of Saturday 13th of December, 2003 and invite you to participate.

The Jandakot Airport Chamber of Commerce, in association with Edith Cowan University, Jandakot Airport Holdings, and Leeming Rotary Club are planning a flypast of aircraft over the Perth Metropolitan area which will be the largest ever undertaken in Western Australia.

The Cavalcade is intended to celebrate powered flight by showcasing to the public the various ways in which the aircraft is used by the community. The operators of all participating aircraft will be identified by the commentators so that the public will be made aware of their roles.

The aircraft, both individually and in formations, will fly from Fremantle to Perth, descending to 700 feet AGL between Point Walter and Heirisson Island, then climbing to 1000 feet AGL and tracking to Scarborough. From there, light aircraft will fly south along the coast past Becher Point before returning to Jandakot via Lake Forestdale. Airline aircraft will return to Perth Airport and military aircraft to Pearce.

Following the Cavalcade, all participating aircrew and guests are invited to a ‘Hangar Party’ at Jandakot where celebrations of the Centenary of Powered Flight will be continued.

All pilots will receive an individually inscribed and boxed medallion to commemorate their participation in this historic event and all passengers will receive a commemorative certificate.

The event will receive TV coverage, while separate live radio broadcasts will be made of the passage of the Cavalcade along the river and of the proceedings during take-off and landing at Jandakot.

The aircraft will be grouped in a number of categories, including vintage, training, emergency, airliners, corporate, military, survey, experimental, agricultural, media, advertising and recreational.

========================================