Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Census 2006 data are online

Census 2006 data are online

Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Census 2006 data are online

there is no doubt to which localities the Brits flock, they want to be amongst themselves

eg Butler (Perth) - Australians 2,698 and English 1,336
http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/ABS...ic=Birthplace&

Burns Beach (Perth) - Australians 118 and English 60

Iluka (Perth) - Australians 1,768 and English 1,209

Kinross (Perth) - Australians 3,789 and English 1,886

Mindarie (Perth) - Australians 3,006 and English 2,035

and so forth ....

Last edited by Evelin; Jun 28th 2007 at 12:45 am.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Census 2006 data are online

Thanks for this. Very informative.

One thing which I find amazing is that if mean household income in Perth (not WA) is $1086 how the hell can they pay mean mortgages of $3000 per month?!!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2

One thing which I find amazing is that if mean household income in Perth (not WA) is $1086 how the hell can they pay mean mortgages of $3000 per month?!!
then have a look at the areas where housing costs are >30% in Perth. It's a lot. I don't know how they do it.

The youngster of today will receive only debts from their parents when they die ...
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:08 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Evelin
then have a look at the areas where housing costs are >30% in Perth. It's a lot. I don't know how they do it.

The youngster of today will receive only debts from their parents when they die ...
It still amazes me that people expect anything from family when they die. When my mother died she had nothing therefore left nothing and I managed just fine,
Old Jun 28th 2007, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by northernbird
It still amazes me that people expect anything from family when they die. When my mother died she had nothing therefore left nothing and I managed just fine,
It might not be about expecting something, the kids might have to pay off dad's boat, 4WD, huge shiny bbq, the hols overseas, house, the parents funerals etc.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 3:57 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

...The youngster of today will receive only debts from their parents when they die ...
Can you really inherit debts over here...? You can't in the UK unless you were a party to it before death...
Old Jun 28th 2007, 3:58 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

they want to be amongst themselves
Never have understood that ... but whatever floats your boat, I guess.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
Can you really inherit debts over here...? You can't in the UK unless you were a party to it before death...
No you can't inherit debts here.

The estate pays any debts before anything is distributed to beneficiaries, so any debts will obviously reduce the amount to be passed on - but shortfalls are not passed on to next-of-kin etc.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Never have understood that ... but whatever floats your boat, I guess.
Me neither. Homogeneity is crap whichever nationality is involved.

A really good mix of nationalities floats mine. I love looking at how different cultures parent, approach life, cook(!) and enjoy free-time.

Does this mean that I'm a voyeur or just a nosey bugger?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:46 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

there is no doubt to which localities the Brits flock, they want to be amongst themselves

eg Butler (Perth) - Australians 2,698 and English 1,336
http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/ABS...ic=Birthplace&

Burns Beach (Perth) - Australians 118 and English 60

Iluka (Perth) - Australians 1,768 and English 1,209

Kinross (Perth) - Australians 3,789 and English 1,886

Mindarie (Perth) - Australians 3,006 and English 2,035

and so forth ....
Carramar is 2437 vs 1505. In total 32% poms up from 26% last time. I thought it may have been even more.

A couple of things that took me by surprise:

I am one of just 11% that volunteer (residents association treasurer / webmaster) which is lower than the Perth average 16%.

Despite being a new suburb 61% of people have been in Aus more than 6 years and 37% over 15 years.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2

there is another interesting table:

Monthly housing loan repayment
$3,000 and over, couples without children

1996 - 296 (no)
2001 - 940
2006 - 3,018

with children under 15, non-students
1996 - 399
2001 - 1.216
2006 - 4.225