Wikiposts

Ceiling Fans

Old Dec 27th 2005, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ceiling Fans

Originally Posted by nickyc
???

Isn't the whole point of fans is to move air around to create a breeze? If you already have a breeze, then you don't need a fan.

Fans cannot and do not bring the air temperature down - it's the movement of air against your skin that makes you feel cooler.

I'd turn your fans up higher, if you can't feel any effect from them.
I have them up full blast, the house is hot and they circulate the hot air.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 12:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KatieStar
I have them up full blast, the house is hot and they circulate the hot air.
Presumably you have the windows and doors open with screens shut
Old Dec 27th 2005, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Presumably you have the windows and doors open with screens shut

yes I do. I am pretty sure I did the last time I had them on too I have just turned the fans on now, for another experiment. Fingers crossed I will feel cooler soon.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

yes I do. I am pretty sure I did the last time I had them on too I have just turned the fans on now, for another experiment. Fingers crossed I will feel cooler soon.

They have been on for a while and are not making much difference. If I stand right under one I feel a bit cooler. Oh well. I have nearly filled the paddling pool up so will have a dip to cool down soon.

Katie
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:20 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

I find it much better NOT to have the doors and windows open if the temps are high outside. By leaving them open you are heating the inside up instead of cooling it down.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
I find it much better NOT to have the doors and windows open if the temps are high outside. By leaving them open you are heating the inside up instead of cooling it down.

I thought so too, but Mrs Dagboy put me right, the houses is Oz are poorly insulated so heat comes through the ceiling. If you don't have the windows and doors open my house becomes like an oven. My house is far cooler with them open. So thanks Mrs D for the tip.

Katie
Old Dec 27th 2005, 5:30 pm
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HEL
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm whether you find ceiling fans effective and the costs of running them. Find A/C too cold at times so thinking these fans may be a better option and they look nice!

Cheers
First thing is why the hell you need A/c...
Second, you need table fan not celing fan...
Good Luck.
- Eat my...
Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:20 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

I thought so too, but Mrs Dagboy put me right, the houses is Oz are poorly insulated so heat comes through the ceiling. If you don't have the windows and doors open my house becomes like an oven. My house is far cooler with them open. So thanks Mrs D for the tip.

Katie

Ahh thats where the difference lies then. We are in a very well insulated apartment so the opposite applies! In our last house we never used fans as we had full aircon throughout.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:37 pm
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Ahh thats where the difference lies then. We are in a very well insulated apartment so the opposite applies! In our last house we never used fans as we had full aircon throughout.
Booooooooooo- Ring...

-Bart
Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by BartSimpson
Booooooooooo- Ring...

-Bart

Have you been at the christmas sherry or what?
Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:40 pm
Nos De Caraid...

Have you been at the christmas sherry or what?
Gosh...
How did you know..?
God save me from Marge and Homer, I wont bribe for exams
- Bart