Cats

Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice
Unhappy Cats

Have just read a thread on owning dogs in Australia and the perils of everyday life for a dog!
Just wondering if people have had the same experiences owning cats.

Am moving out next year and would love to be able to get a cat but now a bit dubious!
Old Oct 10th 2006, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cats

Originally Posted by Wilso16
Have just read a thread on owning dogs in Australia and the perils of everyday life for a dog!
Just wondering if people have had the same experiences owning cats.

Am moving out next year and would love to be able to get a cat but now a bit dubious!
I suppose it depends on where you are. We have 2 cats and they are fine. They are not allowed out at night and have to be registered with the local council but other than that no problems really. We have had ours speyed and they both have an identity chip and they are both quite happily slobbing around on my sofa as I speak. They have their injections yearly so that I don't have any problems putting them into a cattery if ever I need to but that was the same in the UK.
Ours don't wander too far so haven't come across snakes yet but they kill all spiders (just in case I ever needed a reason to keep them) and are excellent at catching blow flies in the house.
If you like cats I would say go for it but it is well worth checking out the local council rules just to be sure once you get there.
Nicky